Image Backup and Restoration

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by venicecore, Sep 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. venicecore

venicecore Registered Member

Hello,

I am in need of a quick solution so I am hoping all of you can overlook my impatience on this thread..

I just downloaded trueimage and installed it.. I basically want to take an image of a laptop and be able to restore it to the laptop any time I want. The questions I have are these:

Can this be done to a network drive and can the restoration be done from that network drive without having to install windows first?

Can this be done to a NAS device? a drive letter like z: on the network and then recovered from that drive letter without having to reinstall windows first again?

Can this program span multiple cd's in the even that I cannot image to just once cdr?

What is the best method of taking a complete image of the drive ( only a c ) and then if the machine gets corrupt, blow away from testing bring the image ( where it is now ) back with the least amount of pre-work?

Please advise, I am doing some serious beta testing and am at wits end with Ghost 2003,9.. I want something new that does a better more specific image restoration without corruption and a nice explicit wizard to do it or just some instructions that make sense..

Please advise as soon as possible..

Kind regards,
    Gravity

http://www.semkol.com

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello venicecore,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept my apologies for the delay with the response.

1. Yes, Acronis True Image allows you to create images saving them to the network shares. There is also no need to reinstall Windows in order to restore that images.

Acronis True Image allows you to create a special Bootable Rescue Media (CD or a pack of floppies). If your system fails you will just need to boot from Bootable Rescue Media and restore the system.

When booted from Bootable Rescue Media you are able to access any connected hard disks as well as a wide variety of IDE, SCSI, FireWire (IEEE-1394), USB (1.0, 1.1, 2.0) and PC card (PCMCIA) interfaces and devices, including CD-ROM, CD-R(RW), magneto-optical drives, CD, DVD, network, Iomega Zip and Jaz. So you can store your image files there.

2. Yes, Acronis True Image supports NAS.

3. Yes, Acronis True Image allows you to span your image over a several CDs\DVDs.

4. Just use Create Image wizard (Backup wizard for version 9.0) to create an image.

You can find more information on how to use Acronis True Image in the respective User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.