Image attachment size limit raised

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by LowWaterMark, Jun 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

I have raised the filesize limit for image type attachments from 100KB to 200KB today so that people can post better quality images, without as much effort to make sure they fit within the size limits.

However, I still encourage people to make some attempt to keep the filesizes as low as possible because there are still many people out there using dialup connections. As a guide, I can say that I've never needed to go over the 100KB size limit when posting screen shots to document some application or Windows setting, and I've posted hundreds of images here over the years.

But in any case, I hope this makes things easier for people who need to post images to help explain what they are seeing.

2. Marja

Marja Honestly, I'm not a bot!!

That's GREAT, LWM!!

Wish I would have seen this before I messed up a perfectly good coat! (Ya had to be there:rolleyes: )

THANKS AGAIN, THAT IS SOO COOL! SOMETIMES THE PICS ARE ONLY A FEW OVER 100KB, SO THIS WILL SOLVE ALOT OF OUR PROBLEMS!

I AM SURE WE WILL ALL BE CAREFUL AND NOT ABUSE THIS GIFT FROM ADMIN!

MARJA:cool:

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

In the past I have had to post several screen shots to cover something someone had requested now possibly can get it in one :D ;)

thanks much
    probably won't need it but at least it is available.

4. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

can you make it so the "show us your desktop" thread stays at 100? there's afew reasons i can think of:
    1, the images get too big to fit on some people's screens and someone like Ron has to resize them.
    2, it has more attachments then just about any other thread and will be too slow for a slow dial-up.
    3, i can't remember the other reasons now, but i did think of more. anyway, i like that thread and i don't think i'll browse it with images at 200KB because of the first two reasons.
    :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.