Image Archive question

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Whitewaterpot, Jan 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whitewaterpot

Whitewaterpot Registered Member

Hi! there,

Pretty new to computers and to Paragon products and I have two simple questions:

1.Can the image archive be renamed to anything before creating an Image?

2.Does it matter if the back up destination is selected after renaming the image archive or vice versa?

Thanks.

2. Arvy

Arvy Registered Member

Paragon's "Backup Wizard" allows you to specify both the location and the name of the backup image as shown in the screenshot below.

paragon_screenshot.JPG

3. Whitewaterpot

Thanks but I am asking something else, what I am trying to say is does it matter if I rename the archive to something else and then select a different backup destination?

4. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I always rename mine to something that makes more sense to me and I'm sure I've changed the destination after changing the name. I would also guess that if it does matter the name displayed would be changed back to the original default when you change the backup location.

Easy to test.

5. Whitewaterpot

Can the archive be renamed to anything?

6. Arvy

Arvy Registered Member

Anything that's acceptable for naming files and folders, but if you're asking about renaming AFTER you've specified the name and location in the "wizard", that would affect Paragon's archive database.

7. Whitewaterpot

No I am asking about this, does it matter if I choose the back up destination first or I rename the archive and then I choose the destination?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
  8. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I just tried it to confirm what I was 99% certain would happen.

It doesn't matter if you change the name first and then go back and change the destination.

Wouldn't it have been easier for you to try it rather than post screenshots etc?

9. cincinnatijack

cincinnatijack Registered Member

You can rename the archive at any time, when you select the destination the program will check to see if you have the capacity to accept the archive, if your destination is too small the required capacity will be shown in RED and a message asking you if you want to proceed.
    At this time you can select a new destination without having to change the archive name.

10. Whitewaterpot

Thank you all, really really appreciate your help :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.