I'm sticking with ESS 3.0. ESS 4.0 is rather disappointing

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by DarrenDavisLeeSome, Mar 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarrenDavisLeeSome

DarrenDavisLeeSome Registered Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Riverside, CA U.S.A
    Well, after long consideration I decided to go back to ESS 3.0. I just didn't care for ESS 4.0.

The only real apparent problem that I had with ESS 4.0 was the reoccuring (although somethimes intermitent) popups whenever I rebooted or shutdown Windows XP: something was happening with Dr. Watson and the dwwin.exe file ever since I installed ESS 4.0 for the very first time. A minor funtionality flaw, but, annoying to say the least. I know this popup was indeed caused buy ESS 4.0. I must have installed it at least 5~6 times and reverted back and forth from ESS 3.0 somewhere in between.

I had other issues with ESS 4.0. Didn't much care for some of the new Tools (more like toys): the Network/File System activity monitor for one thing. I don't need that. Windows Task Manager does a well enough job for me. Never really found any use for SysInspector. Some of the new Security additions didn't set very well with me either. Why do I need ESET to imform me about Windows Updates? An SSL Filter, that I used and would not even allow me to navigate to a HTTPS...o_O

Yeah. I'd rather stick with ESS 3.0. ESS 4.0 kinda left a bad taste in my mouth. Not nearly as bad as Internet Explorer 8 turned out to be. Microsoft can keep that too.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.