I'm really really angry with the problem created from your trial software!

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by azyik, Dec 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. azyik

azyik Registered Member

First I want to say that I'm really angry with this, I had 2 HD with Win98 was installed in HD1, win2k and windows 2003 in HD2. It was very good before I install your trial software (Disk Director 9.0) in my pc then uninstall it. I can select all OS to boot (Original, I dont use other software for this), then I install your software with OS Selector then I uninstall the software because I just only want to try it. Then Boom! I cant access my Win98 and Win2000 again after uninstalling, I just only can access Win2003, the MBR option screen didnt show up again. Guys @ Acronis, how is this happen? Dont you consider that people can uninstall your trial software and they want the previous condition before installing your trial software? Now your trial software became a nightmare to my work. Really, I'm going to sue your company if this problem persistence! Sorry if I was really really angry because you've already made my all work down.

2. BenW

BenW Guest

You should always have backups of important data before you use any software that makes changes to your drive.

3. azyik

azyik Registered Member

Yes, that's better BUT ACRONIS should know that every software companies must create their software safely to their customers, at least, they should alert the customer in their installer or application settings, ex: this action is danger, if you install this ...... and then you uninstall it.... you will lose your previous MBR. That is "AT LEAST" way although that way is not the best option, but that "at least" way can anticipate the customer to do something danger or consider the action, ex: install or not install their trial software.

I think their software works like trap and crap *sorry, I'm still angry*, you should know that what ACRONIS promise is their disk director trial software "impossibly to apply changes". BUT they do "A BIG BAD CHANGE" to my PC. I believe that every software companies know that someone that install to test a trial software will uninstall it soon or later because the software is just only trial (crippled version) and the software company should create their software safe to be uninstalled!!

BUT ACRONIS DONT DO THAT, their trial sofware make my works down and I loss time and money! For this, I have to do some additional task to recover this or reinstall again my OS from zero.

And imagine that I'm an angry trial customer here and had posted this thread almost 12 hours in this board, and still have not got a response from them. (may be because I'm just only tester, not the real buyer, so they dont care, alright, continue your style, ACRONIS!) And I believe they've already noticed that many people suffered because of its OS Selector, but dont take seriously to handle this. I think people here that suffered should manage a "class action" to sue this company and post a "real" review about ACRONIS OS Selector in the internet.

ACRONIS, listen to your customers and take seriously to their problems! Respect the tester too! Dont just only post "automatic messages" sorry for inconviniences, if you want your company survive! Dont just blame customers because of they didnt backup this and that. You should think that problem won't happen if they dont install your software. period.

4. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hello azyik, and welcome to the Forum.

I am sorry to hear of your problem, but in regard to receiving a reply within 12 hours, please take into consideration your first post was made on a weekend, and also a special holiday (Dec 25th).

In the meanwhile, you can try sending Acronis support department an email: support@acronis.com and also a PM (private message) on this board to the Acronis Support Moderator. Be sure and include as much detail as possible in your email along with a link to this thread in both the email and in the PM.

I have also removed the duplicate post in this thread.

Regards,

snap

5. azyik

azyik Registered Member

OK, Let's wait and see!

6. azyik

azyik Registered Member

Is this ACRONIS a serious companyo_O?? I still didnt get the answer! Where are you ACRONISo_O <snip>

edited to remove very excessive editorializing - Detox

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2005
  7. eisefr

eisefr Registered Member

That's the trick :)
    And you even get a POPUP-window when you install such kind of software. Its your own fault when you are having problems now.. And to sue the company for your trouble is a joke.. isn't it... :)

To install this software without doing a backup before was VERY unprofessionel.

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello azyik,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Director Suite (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/diskdirector/).

Please accept our apologies for your inconvenience.

Please boot your computer into Windows 2003 and find the C:\boot.ini file (please note that it is system protected file and you will need to make it visible in "Tools" -> "Folder Options" -> "View" menu). Please open this file with Notepad and remove the comment marks (;) at the beginnig of the strings corresponding to other operational systems.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.