I'm puzzled - where has Solitaire etc gone??

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by DaveU, Aug 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaveU

DaveU Registered Member

three weeks ago, I had some problems after downloading the huge Windows security updates. You guys sorted it for me.
    So I was wondering what would go wrong when I downloaded the latest huge updates - nothing! Or so I thought!
    The very next day I found that Solitaire, Spider Solitaire and the two other games that came bundled with my PC have gone. Nowhere to be found!

It's not the end of the world of course but it makes me wonder if it's a symptom of something very nasty eg has someone got in to my PC. None of the family could have deleted them by accident.

I've got XP Home; my Norton Internet Security, Spywareblaster, Spybot & Adaware are stopping stuff. I've carried out a search, including hidden files but the four files have vanished!

Have you any thought please? Cheers o_O

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hi Daveu

Not sure I have any idea where they went, but it wasn't the update. Mine are still there.

Pete

3. Dina

Dina Registered Member

Does tryping "sol" "winmine" etc on the run box help? If not, you can always reinstall them, if you got your windows cd

Dina

4. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

You can install those Windows games back by doing this :
    1. Click Start / Control / Add or Remove Programs / Add/Remove Windows Components
    2. Double click Accessories and Utilities / Games

Maybe you need your Windows CD also, dunno know for sure, but it seems logical. :)

5. DaveU

DaveU Registered Member

thanks for your help.

Especially ErikAlbert. The first time I tried that, it prompted me to insert an SP2 disk. As I downloaded this from MS internet site, I couldn't so I used the XP disk.
    It's worked to a point - Spider Solitaire is back and working. For the others (Hearts etc) it seems to have installed empty folders, i.e. clicking on them returns the message that it can'f find the .exe file.
    Getting there - slowly - and I'm relieved that it's not a security problem. Thanks all

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.