I'm looking for a program like timeleft.

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by notageek, Nov 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. notageek

notageek Registered Member

I want a program like timeleft but one that you're able to add events to countdown. http://www.timeleft.info/
    Plus timeleft is ugly. :) Anyone know of a program that will do what timeleft does? I know all about Countdown Timmer II from Karen but that's not what I'm looking for. I'm looking for a program that will tell me how many days are left to an event.

2. FanJ

FanJ Guest

3. Primrose

Primrose Registered Member

This useful utility allows you to count down time with an alarm. It's great when needing a countdown timer to be reminded of a specific event such as checking the roast cooking in the oven, checking the water level when filling your hot tub, or what ever else you can concoct. Supports up to 720 hours in the countdown.

Features include playing any multi-media file on the alarm such as a movie, music file or sound file. You can also launch a program of your liking when the alarm goes off such as a program to shutdown your system. Can hide in your system tray and be resized to virtually any size on your desktop including FULL SCREEN.

Note: If you need to countdown multiple events (up to 100 events!) such as anniversary dates, birthdates and don't need an alarm feature, check out our other product called Countdown!.

Works great in Windows XP, as well as 95/98/ME.

http://www.contactplus.com/products/freestuff/countdown.htm

4. notageek

Thanks Fanj. I didn't really want a sticky note porgram. I wanted something that will tell me how many days are left before like lets say a party or birthday.

5. notageek

Thanks Primrose. I think I might of seen that program when I googled for it earlier. I never clicked on the link to see what it was all about. I will now. Do you know if the program tells you how many days are left?

My son's Birthday is coming up on Dec 31st and he's has been bugginh me about a program like this for a few days and I said I'll look around and I haven't found a program that will tell you how many days are left. You know how kids are. The have to count the days for everything. :)

6. FanJ

FanJ Guest

;) ;)

Quote from that PCMAG site:
    Schedule notes to pop up automatically and with an audio alert, if you want. You can set notes for one-time or recurring events and can control how far in advance you'll be notified. A calendar view shows all the events scheduled for a given day. Dates with event entries are shown in boldface in the monthly calendar.

- end quote - (highlighting by me)

7. Primrose

Primrose Registered Member

8. notageek

Thanks Primrose and Fanj.

Fanj, I'll check more into NoteWhen.

9. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

10. notageek

Thanks iceni60. I'll check them out.

11. Not directly related but can anyone shed some light on Timeleft settings.

I've set up a recurring countdown to start every 3 minutes. I also set it up to have a reminder 1 minute before which is a sound rather than a displayed message. It seems to work but randomly (as far as I can see) it starts counting up again when it reaches zero rather than resets to 3 mins.

Can anyone explain this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.