I'm having trouble posting and editing

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by Mele20, Aug 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

I can't edit a post I just made and I almost couldn't even upload the post in the first place. I keep getting a download box when I press "submit". I don't know if I can submit this even.

Attached Files:

2. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

When I tried to post this thread a moment ago, I got that download box again. :( I closed it and as far as I could see the thread did not post so I clicked on submit again and got this message:

"This thread is a duplicate of a thread that you have posted in the last five minutes. You will be redirected to the thread listings."

I got that message earlier on the thread I then tried to edit and could not edit. But I couldn't tell on either thread that it had posted. I was still on the submit screen. I guess it will happen again when I try to post this.

3. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

I have an idea what might be the problem. Let's see if I can post this without getting that download box.

Edit: Nope, I got the download box but it posted anyhow but I couldn't tell and I tried again to post and got the duplicate post message. I thought it might be KIS 2006 beta because I just couldn't get into my ISP account until I turned off the KIS web scanner.

Now I am wondering if this is Firefox. I just tried to post at KAV's beta board and I got the style sheet for the page instead. Weird! I kept trying and finally it posted but, like here, I couldn't tell and I got the duplicate post message there also. I'm having no problems at dslreports though. But everwhere else posting or doing other things weird stuff is happening. Fx 1.06 is extremely buggy so I think I'll see what happens in IE.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2005
  4. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Geez...when I tried to post the above edited post, I got this:

HTTP/1.1 302 Found
    Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2005 08:32:33 GMT
    Server: Apache/1.3.33 (Unix) mod_gzip/1.3.26.1a mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_log_bytes/1.2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 PHP/4.3.11 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_ssl/2.8.22 OpenSSL/0.9.7a
    X-Powered-By: PHP/4.3.11
    Expires: 0
    Cache-Control: private, post-check=0, pre-check=0, max-age=0
    Pragma: no-cache
    Location: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/show...4968#post524968
    Transfer-Encoding: chunked
    Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1

I never knew it posted. I didn't get any duplicate post error when I kept trying though. I just kept getting either that download box popping up or the above text. I guess I will get one of the two again when I post this.

5. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Well, that posted instantly and no problems on IE except that Proxo is not stopping rolling text here using IE or gif animation (the smilies are all blinking) but does using Fx.

Ugh.

6. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Heck. Now on Fx, I can't use this site at all! Anything I do causes that download box to appear. If I click close on it then it closes but I still cannot navigate the site as it reappears anything I try to do.

Plus, why does this site render so poorly in IE and yet perfectly in Fx? I have no trouble navigating using IE but the site looks really ugly. Something is wrong with the layout. Yet it looks fine on Fx where I can't navigate.

7. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

I have another idea as to the cause.

Edit: I didn't know this posted. I got the download box again so my idea probably wasn't so good. But I have noticed that after closing a bunch of tabs (TBE may a culprit here) that I was able to navigate the site again. And then I shut down Fx and reopened it and it is much faster. That shouldn't be....but 1.06 I am using is known to be extremely buggy. It has done some very weird things besides this problem that may or may not be a Fx problem.

8. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Trying something else.

9. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

OK. That just posted instantly and with no download box or anything weird. I know now what the problem is I think. I say I think because posting once ok could be a fluke.

I think it is KIS 2006 beta. If I suspend the web antivirus module I still have problems so I didn't think it was KAV. I thought it could be the HTTP scanner but suspending made no difference here or elsewhere. Then I noticed I can't go to any secured page with any part of KIS running...so I thought hmmm....and came back here and suspended KIS entirely ...all of its modules. I still had the problem. So, then I EXITED the application and posted here instantly with no problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.