I'm gonna try TDS3.

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Comp01, Oct 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Comp01

Comp01 Registered Member

Well, since I was looking for a anti-trojan program, and this one claims to be easy to use, I'm gonna try it, but, I'm wondering, what all does it detect? ...

2. DolfTraanberg

DolfTraanberg Registered Member

In your case I hope it detects nothing :D
    But if TDS isn't capable of detecting a Trojan, no other program is...
    Dolf

3. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi Comp01
    Yes TDS can be easy or as complicated as you want.
    Make sure after installing and reboot you go back to the site for the database update before you start TDS.

4. beetlejuice

beetlejuice Registered Member

:D Yes. Sounds like there will be another happy user soon. :D TDS has the most extensive trojan database and execution protection too. What else could you ask for?

5. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Security made fun!
    You in the driver's seat, seeing what happens and deciding how to deal with a possible alarm, seeing datapackets entering with the TCP Port listen, answering on intrusions if they would pass your firewall having TDS listening on your ports and alarming,
    with the registered version lots more as the scripts forum (for licensed TDS operators only) will show you and which opens a whole world of never expected possibilities in a security suite.
    And not to forget the installation of exec protection which will check every file on malicious content before it is even allowed to run.
    The database can be as large as it is, it's also the ways in which detection is done; the page "16 ways to smell a rat" is an illustration as by now there are many ways more with TDS.

TDS is very fine in the whole action pack of TDS, WG, PE, working nicely in cooperation.

6. Comp01

Comp01 Registered Member

:( I tried installing TDS a few times, but it just freezes up when I try to run it, maybe because of my system being slow?

7. DolfTraanberg

DolfTraanberg Registered Member

When you run TDS, it is set to do some initial scans. Just get yourself a cup of coffee and after all testing is done, configure TDS not to do any startup scans.
    If you are on XT or W2000 you can see in the taskmanager that TDS works very hard ;)
    Dolf

8. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

System is not freezing. It just doesn't spend time on processes telling how hard it is working and using all those recourses for the scanning process.
    On slower systems start TDS manually after reboot to give it all space for those initial scans. I'm happy it does as i most probably would forget them too often if i would do them manually after that start, but you're free to do so.
    I'm sure you'll see it coming through all of it and hopefully without alarms. If there are tell us and we'll help you with that too!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.