IKARUS Virus.Utilities 2.0.121

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by trjam, Feb 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trjam

trjam Registered Member

sounds very good Ziggy. You also need to start showing that 1 license is for up to 3 computers. Instead of the 1 user that is shown in the store. I can promise you that most think that price is for 1 computer, which would be way to high.

Will defintely help with sales.

2. ziggy_IKARUSvienna

ziggy_IKARUSvienna Registered Member

agree - the new boxes will become a sticker upgrade for exactly this point!

3. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

now see thats a reason i didnt buy it to play with i thought for that price it was for one pc. now that i know its for three ill grab one to try it out..any chance of a suit with firewall? for people like my mom etc i would rather have it all in one so its easy for them to use (if i like it afterall...)

4. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Go for it Z. It is perfect set and forget product with great protection. Great price to.:thumb:

5. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Nice is the discount here?

6. lodore

lodore Registered Member

yup see here

7. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Evening ! Got the product for the Wilders Pricing and am a satisfied customer...go for it...an excellent Anti-Virus...and Ziggy and Ikarus excel at Customer Service. Sincerely...Securon

8. trjam

trjam Registered Member

very good Securon. You are finding out, as I, that products require all of your attention are not needed. I want to spend my time using a computer for what I bought it for, not for looking through logs. Lol

Ikarus still has room for improvement and I am sure Ziggy will be asking us for assistance in getting there. I really like their support. The sales and support team are tops in my ratings. Trust me, I tested them on just this issue. Ziggy is family, but their are plenty of others behind the scenes at Ikarus, making this product as good as it is.

9. trjam

trjam Registered Member

In all honesty, Ziggy and Joe with Webroot, are the 2 most prevalent I have seen, that embrace feedback from Wilders members on how to make their products better.

That says something about their 2 respected products and themselves.

Hmm, Ikarus and Webroot, now that is a killer combo.:thumb:

10. Securon

Good Evening ! Trjam...I'm using Ikarus and WSA Essentials along with Zemana Anti-Logger...all three run in harmony...I'm very pleased with Ikarus's performance. And like you,Ziggy and the Ikarus crew are certainly Customer Focused, reminds me of the Customer Service provided by the old Sunbelt Crew. Sincerely...Securon

11. trjam

trjam Registered Member

thanks and I guess instead of Butch and Sundance, just call me Stardust.:argh:

12. Securon

Good Evening ! Trjam...what about the Spiders from Mars? Sincerely...Securon

13. zfactor

just in case i missed it no suite or added firewall from ikarus correct? i didnt see it but you never know.. trying it out and i actually really like it. and any discount on a 2 or 3 year version?

Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  14. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Ikarus main and only weapon is it's scanning engine. ;)

15. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Trying IKARUS out now for fun sake and I like it.I have not noticed any performance hit and its updating is top notch.There is nothing complicated about it.It has a very simple GUI,NO nonsense.Great job IKARUS.:thumb:

16. lodore

lodore Registered Member

what is the company policy of IKARUS regarding detection of malware created by Governments?
    Does IKARUS have a rescue disc?

Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
  17. skokospa

skokospa Registered Member

If you remember, before ~7-8 months has been a problem in Germany and malware by German police.The same day he was virus in the database.
    unfortunately IKARUS no rescue disc.
    there are T3 Command Line Scanner...https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=2019003

18. ziggy_IKARUSvienna

i advice people without good skills in computer security and firewalling usage to use the windows firewall because of the settings.

Our product activates the windows firewall automatically (if deactivated).

once my brother callde me and told me about his new firewall (one of his workingmates (Bricklayer) told him that he should use zonealarm because windows firewall is crap and zonealarm is high secure). conclusion of the conversation: the firewall asked if he wantet to allow or deny windows explorer to connect via port 80 - he did not read becaus of inexistent skills, but he denied ;-) and how comes - no connection to i-net ;-)

This is why i advice each one who does not have skills in firewalling to use windows FW (Since Vista the windows FW is working good) and ifsomeone has the skills i tell them to buy a hardware firewall (way better than one on a operating system) if it should not cost anything, i advise WIPFW (Windows IP Firewall) or IP Tables.

We do not need a firewall at this time because most of our customers are business customers and they have a central managed FW but maybe we will create one if needed to a later time.

19. ziggy_IKARUSvienna

we do not take care about governments and we treat it like each other malware too (for example: the german "Bundestrojaner").
    But: to detect, it must be common (or found via heuristic scan methods).

We do not have a rescue disk now but there is an entry on our roadmap to create one.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
  20. zfactor

i was more talking about a firewall like avast or eset or norton where its all automatic it uses a whitelist / blacklist for most common things. i know that is not the BEST type of firewall but for the normal non computer savy person it works well enough id actuallu love to switch my mom over to this but with windows firewall pop ups as you said she will not know what to answer to those..

21. ziggy_IKARUSvienna

the same you tell here does the windows firewall and this firewall is included to your OS so why pay for norton or avast firewalls?
    The windows firewall only asks for games like, for example WOW (World of Warcraft) but each other FW (Kaspersky for example or Norton) does the same.

The Windows firewall works for normal Internet surfing and such things without any specific permissions.

Zonealarm,Outpost and other products like this were sure better firewalls and they have allow and deny requests that "scare" the classic user.

22. ziggy_IKARUSvienna

Re: IKARUS Virus.Utilities 2.0.121_Discount

in case of much private questions!

the price (discount included) is 20 EURO and the licence is valid for one year and for 3 PC´s, means one key protects 3 computers.

br,
    ziggy

Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  23. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Very true. Personally I have never understood why more dont trust in thier OS firewall.

24. zfactor

what i like for my really basic customers is a simple firewall with SIMPLE app control. simply allow or deny. no pop ups saying this or that is trying to connect to ip address etc.. unless educated many dont understand that, and even with windows firewall it will ask some questions many have no idea how to answer. while this may not be ideal type of firewall to use its EASY so someone can simply say block to a specific app or allow and have it be that easy. im not saying windows firewall is horrible but its still not as easy as a simple allow deny button for a app. again not ideal but the normal user has NO idea how to answer questions and most dont even know what they mean. a lot would have no idea what they are even looking at when it says ip address. my aunt is a perfect example of this she will call me even before doing a flash player update etc.. and i have a lot of customers like this as well.

25. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Ikarus still going strong. The more I use it, the more I love it.:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.