Ignore - forbids access to the threat

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by seamaiden, Jul 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seamaiden

seamaiden Registered Member

What is the use of an Ignore option if it forbids you access? What if you don't want to be forbidden access to a particular file or program? Do you have to turn off Ewido's guard in order to use it? Is there no exclusion that truly ignores and excludes a file or "threat"?

Attached Files:

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

I'll stand corrected....but I have always taken that to mean forbidding ewido access not me. Another words....ewido will ignore the item and ewido will not attempt to access that item while it is ignored.

3. MikeW2

MikeW2 Registered Member

I am sure you are right Bubba, I think this is just a bad english translation

4. seamaiden

seamaiden Registered Member

I need clarification on Ignore Once and Ignore Always (add to exceptions).

It looks like these options are "per threat" rather than "per detection" or "per file", so there's no way to allow the same threat for one file but not another! That's not right. It should be "per file". I want to allow the threat in one file, but want to still be alerted if that threat is found in other files. Any idea how to do that?

Attached Files:

5. vinzenz.ewido

vinzenz.ewido former ewido team

Add them to the ignorelist and remove the unwanted places from the ignorelist and scan again. Thats's the only solution I can suggest for now.

Regards,

Vinzenz

6. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

You could select to ignore the threat once, which will exempt all the files having that threat.

Then you click 'Infections'/'Exceptions', now hit the 'Add Rule' button, in the 'Add ignore rule' box select 'Ignore file/path' and click the 'Browse' button that appears. Now you can browse to a file you wish to exclude.

This should enable you to exclude individual files from future scans.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.