ignore/delete

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by Oriour, Jul 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oriour

Oriour Registered Member

So recently I got a new computer and installed AVG, I decided to switch the guard.exe on and off for scanning purposes (before the trial expired). To do this, I went into services and located the guard entry, only it was status started and there was no option to stop it (the stop button was greyed as well). To remedy this, I set it to disable at start up and went to restart. Next thing I know, every time I want to shut down or restart then a error message pops up saying IAAnotif was unable to properly shut down or something. Anyone know what's going on?

The only time I successfully got it to shut down without the error was when I ran a scan with AVG.

edit: I contacted a techie at dell and he helped me solve this problem by disabling iaanotif from the startup, still no idea what's going on. I've decided to remove AVG mainly because of the guard function, unfortunately. I rather liked the new AVG too.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2007
  2. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.