Ignore Alternate Data Steams

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Snook, Oct 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snook

Snook Registered Member

I have TDS-3 configured to ignore Alternate Data Streams smaller than 89k. When I perform a scan TDS-3 does not ignore them.

Comments/suggestions...?

2. kwesi

kwesi Registered Member

Hi, Snook. I had a very similar problem. Unfortunately, I'm at work, so I can't give you the exact workaround that I finally settled on, but I know that it was to do with unchecking an ADS button/field of some kind (Hidden Data streams? Alternate Dat streams?).

If you can't find a similar thread in these forums by searching for ADS, I'll try & update you when I get back home. It was a bit of a reluctant compromise on my part, I recall, so perhaps someone knows a better solution.

3. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Snook, when you tick the Ignore streams smaller than say 90 bytes (not kilobytes BTW) close the AdStream box. You then need to press the "Save configuration" button shown in the scan control window to save the settings.

HTH Pilli

4. kwesi

kwesi Registered Member

If that doesn't work, then my workaround was - Go to 'Scan Control' and under Advanced Scan Options, uncheck 'Show all NTFS ADS Streams' , but have 'Scan NTFS ADS Hidden Streams' checked.

People can see why this was a reluctant compromise for me, but I'm trusting that TDS-3 is scanning the streams, and will flag up any problems in the warning window.

5. Snook

Snook Registered Member

Thanks for the replies. I'll try all the suggestions and post what worked later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.