If upgrading to Windows 7, are you going with the 32-bit or 64-bit version?

Discussion in 'polls' started by InfinityAz, Jun 27, 2009.

?

When installing Windows 7, are you going to install 32-bit or 64-bit version?

1. 32-bit

33 vote(s)
    39.8%
  2. 64-bit

50 vote(s)
    60.2%
  1. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

I have used Vista x64, XP x64 and Win 7 x64 for the past year or so without any issues whatsoever. I'm not sure what you're talking about....

2. halcyon

halcyon Registered Member

This was obvious: 64 bit. Why?

- much less security issues for now
    - all my hw have 64-bit drivers available (even 5+ year old widely available add-on PCI cards)
    - my current build has 12GB of RAM and 32 bit just would not cut it
    - All in all with a 64bit Win7 build I can have a simpler and leaner security set up (for now)

3. Eagle Creek

Eagle Creek Global Moderator

XP 64-bit was the first fully 64-bit system, so as any newcomer it had many (compared to the 32 bit editions) problems; especially lack of good driver support. The OS itself was doing pretty well.

Vista 64 bit is doing pretty good also, and it seems 7 is going to even do it better.

Don't forget the fact that 64-bit is becoming the standard, and a growing number of manufacturers make drivers for it. And most of the 32-bit software will run fine at 64 OS.

4. mata7

mata7 Registered Member

what issues have Vista x64, i haved use vista x64 since day one and i never have any issues

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.