If no Outlook Mail -- Disable EMON?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 v3 Beta Forum' started by gearscout, Apr 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gearscout

gearscout Registered Member

I don't use Outlook. I use Thunderbird.

Should I disable EMON and just let IMON do my email scanning?

Thanks!

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

I don't use Outlook either. Mine is disabled. If Outlook isn't present, Emon will just sit there looking at nothing. :D

3. gearscout

gearscout Registered Member

Thanks!

I appreciate the assistance.

Cheers,

4. jumpshot

jumpshot Registered Member

I'm not clear on the answer... I don't use Outlook for email, but I do use Outlook Express; can I safely disable EMON?
    btw, this is my engagement with NOD32.. I'm considering turning it into a honeymoon. :p

5. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

These explanations came from the NOD32 help file and the NOD32 support site.

EMON - MAPI scanner for MS Outlook

EMON (E-mail MONitor) provides scanning of incoming and outgoing email in Microsoft Outlook as well as in Microsoft Exchange Extension-compliant mail clients.

NOTE: If your mail client does not comply with Microsoft Exchange Extension, the EMON icon will not appear in the NOD32 Control Center

EMON (Email MONitor), a complementary resident module, scans e-mails incoming via MAPI interface. MAPI interface is used e.g. in the following e-mail clients: Microsoft Outlook 95, 97, 2000 (not Outlook Express) in the Corporate mode and in MS Exchange. MS Outlook 2002(Office XP) and Outlook 2003 are not suported in the current version of EMON. MAPI interface is used also when receiving e-mails from the Microsoft Exchange Mail Server via the Exchange protocol.

IMPORTANT NOTE: When the MAPI Interface is not used on the computer EMON is not needed and therefore will NOT be installed. The e-mails incoming via the POP3 protocol will be checked by IMON

EMON is installed automatically provided that installation of MS Outlook 97/2000 in corporate mode is detected. MS Outlook 2002 (XP) and 2003 will be supported in the upcoming version of EMON, currently available as beta.

If you receive email through the standard POP3 protocol, IMON will take care of scanning it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.