If no IP Address is shown, does that mean LnS isn't protecting me?

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by ozzyoscy, Nov 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ozzyoscy

ozzyoscy Registered Member

Last time I used a BT Home Hub to connect to the internet (ethernet wired), if I recall correctly, the IP Address on the Welcome tab of LnS would just be zeroes. Is that relevant in any way? Am I still protected as normal, as if it was showing me my IP address?

Or is it not reading it or something?

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

I think it should show you your ip address (the internal one you are getting from the router)

3. ozzyoscy

Well when I installed a BT Home Hub (I have since uninstalled it, but I may now need to use it), the IP address on LnS was all 0s. As was the count for 'Filtered packets in uplink', 'Filtered packets in downlink', 'Total of sent packets' and Total of received packets' if I recall correctly.

The phone line was connected to the hub, which was connected by ethernet cable to my computer.

4. Spysnake

Spysnake Registered Member

Do you have a check at "Connected"?

If not, your LnS doesn't detect the connection and you need to set it manually at Options -> Network Interfaces. Uncheck "Automatic Selection" and try the options. When you have "Connected" check at tab Welcome, it should work normally.

5. ozzyoscy

Yah it says 'connected'. Although the IP address it gives is wrong, and always the same (in other words: my IP address is dynamic).

6. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Hi ozzyoscy,

So the IP address shown on the Look 'n' Stop - 'Welcome' Tab/Screen still showing 0.0.0.0 or something else like 192.168.* ?

7. ozzyoscy

The 192.168.etc. one.

8. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

This is what you suppose to see when you behind a Router, so this is perfectly normal. :)

9. ozzyoscy

Oh ok, danke.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.