If my computer had a virus

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Robyn, Mar 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CyGho

CyGho Registered Member

No problem Robyn, glad to help:)

Maybe the wrong thread here but since we are talking about Outpost an NOD I ask anyway :cool: :

I wonder witch program will catch an attachment first, Outpost or NOD, because they are both looking for incomming attachments.
    If it is NOD, then no problem. But if Outpost catch and rename the attachement first then the users of NOD should setup IMON to scan all files: see Blackspear's Extra settings for Nod32 thread, post #9 for this setting in NOD.

Well, thinking about that, it's best to use this setting anyway. With or without Outpost :rolleyes:

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Received and replied. You are correct, in this instant Nod32 is not stamping that particular email when received, however it is being scanned when it arrives, as the scanning count increases.

I have suggested that you forward this email to support@nod32.com to see what they come up with.

Cheers :D

3. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

Back again after NOD's help about the e-mail I forwarded to support on your advice Blackspear. They have been very helpful and know this issue is down to the fact that a non standard HTML was used
    We have come to the conclusion it was my friend who may have used a non standard format although he has just replied to me (on a stamped e-mail ;) ) to say he only used Outlook to type the mail. I guess as Outlook uses Word as its editor he may have this set up differently as I do know he has extra fonts on his computer. I don't think he used any different than the default in the mail but it may be a little clue o_O Edit: I have just read the recent e-mail and note the colours were changed in Outlook itself which means he did created the document and copied it into my mail.

As you have replied to me Blackspear about IMON - NOD has also confirmed it will have been scanned by IMON before it reached me.

I hope all of this makes sense although my friend's e-mails have been stamped today I still 'think' he may have used a non standard somewhere along the way yesterday.

Thanks Blackspear and thanks to the helpful support at NOD, I will continue with my trial and hope everything will be stamped as it is today :)

4. Blackspear

My pleasure Robyn, and that Nigel aka Bandicoot is pretty helpful, well that's what some people recon, though I still think it is a nasty rumour ;) :D

5. omar222

omar222 Guest

Hi everybody.

Just wanted to remind about Outpost Pro:

If you right click on OP icon in the Tray area and select Show Outpost Firewall Pro,
    Then select the Plug-In Attachment Quarantine bt right clicking & selecting Properties,
    You'll get a file extensions list with all having the boxes for renaming checked. If you click on the xls icon and uncheck the box for xls, you won't get the .aq addition in emails with xls attachments and so on.

Hope this helps somebody.

6. Blackspear

Thanks omar222, appreciated.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2005
  7. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

Re: Outpost attachment quarantine with NOD - I have the option to re-name or report or both. Thanks for the reminder omar but one thing I do still need to know is it best to just let OP report each file listed in the plugin which would mean NOD is definitely scanning before after OP has reported? There is quite a list in the plugin extension section and at default they are all re-name - best to set 'report' for all of them and let NOD get to work with anything they amy or may not have?

I don't want to lower any of NOD's settings but am unsure what way to let if interact with Outpost's filter now that I have thought about this o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.