If I buy tds3 now will I get a free upgrade to tds4?

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by testing tds3, Jan 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Somewhere in one of the many threads Wayne promised on our special request to include exec protection on both TDS-4 Pro and Active Guard, remember there is one in WG too but it is also this way if it is installed in the one product it is not installed another time via the other product, but it is used by all which can.
    Of course we don't know if the exec protection is the same or a new version, we can but wait and see.
    Blaze, did i overlook your CS in your mentioned collection, the one you are so happy with?
    TDS-3, WG-3, PE, PG, CS, ASV, APM, APT, OP, and whatever more is available from the products pages.
    Make sure you keep up to date with new releases where available.

Process Guard is protecting your processes for illegal termination and more, Active Guard is scanning and protecting your whole system for infections, mutexes, etc etc. between the full system scans at least.
    Good question though, as win9x users must remember they can't install PG, so they need at least AG besides the others, but as it seems they would not be protected for the process terminations and corruptions, which are not always only created by trojans or other nasties, but with PG you can also tell legal processes not being allowed to terminate another process, etc etc.

BTW: in case you ever have to uninstall and reinstall TDS make it a habit to first uninstall the exec protection before you continue uninstalling TDS as you could get into trouble if you don't. Just a tip.

2. tempnexus

tempnexus Registered Member

yeah I've been mulling over the fact if I should purchase TDS-3 or wait. Since right now I have BoClean which acts like a realTime scanner thus what I want is an on Demand scanner which TDS-3 offers and offers it well. Therefore I am waiting for the new TDS-4 since well all I need is On-Demand scanner and not realTime scanner.
    I am just worried that if I were to purchase TDS-3 today and later days, weeks, Months, years when the new version is released all I will get as a free upgrade is a realtime scanner...that will not suite me since what I need as a upgrade is the On Demand scanner.
    I know TDS-3,4 has a great realtime scanner etc. but I don't want too many things to bog down my system when I allready have paid for BoClean to do the realtime work (so far so good). (The only negative side is the lack of ondemand scan thus the only way I know I got infected is AFTER I got infected (which is kind of daring) but so far works good.).

3. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi tempnexus , If you buy TDS3 now you will have the choice to upgrade to
    The resident scanner, on demand scanner or TDS4 Pro (final components TBA for TDS4). :)

HTH Pilli

4. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

No, TDS-4 will be three separate products which you choose for your own wishes and needs, so you are not forced into a product you don't want/need at all.
    TDS-3 Pro you can upgrade to TDS-4 Pro, which' design we can only speculate will be more or less like TDS-3 Pro. while the new Active Guard will come beside it for the real time protection and there comes a separate on demand scanner which you might like extra, some folks will be happy with the scanner and Guard and don't need Pro at all, all depends on personal taste! I am not sure about the scanner and the scanning options in Pro as i remember there was said many people would like to have all three products beside one another.
    As TDS-4 Pro is supposed to be released as last of these three, we can just wait and see, but expect it in it's scanning part like the current one, on demand.

5. dallen

dallen Registered Member

Jooske,

I wrote this:
    ...and if I'm not mistaken, this response:
    ...was commenting on the above.
    Jooske, I have read every argument that you've written to me regarding my complaint and I[glow=red,2,300] challenge you to give me one simple, good reason that justifies not giving a time frame.[/glow]

I am not blind to what you say. I read it and frankly 99% of what you say is very valuable to me. However, there has never, and I mean never been a good reason that makes my statement invalid.

Honestly, it hurts my feelings that you would accuse me on not reading or not thinking about your arguments. I think that you are going to argue in defense of DCS no matter what. Maybe if you actually thought about what I'm saying objectively, you might actually see that I have a good point. However, your so bent on arguing DCS's defense that you can't fathom the possibility that maybe they are wrong.

6. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Easy:
    you tell users NOT to buy TDS-3, while we have all explained there is not any reason to wait with securing your system right this moment with TDS-3, which is the top still and only going to be more top in the next generation to come. While registered users can choose for themselves which of the new three TDS-4 products they choose as their free upgrade in future.
    No secrets, no turning with words, just delay in upgrades build in the new products with possibly the name TDS-4 on it, while Wayne explained the technologies needed first are released in the meantime in other DCS products with other names on them.
    Make sure you have them all.
    TDS-3, WG-3, PE, CS, PG, ASV, APM, APT,
    waiting for AG, ASG, and the scanner, Pro-4, WG-4
    In the meantime new technologies are released in the recent PG build and CS.
    More to come. Follow what is written in forums and the websites to stay on top.

7. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

:DwAIT WAIT SLOW DOWEN OK WILL I GET EVERYTHING IN TDS PRO 4 THAT I GET IN TDS PRO PLUS THE ACTIVE GUARD IF THAT THE CASE THEN THAT COOL WITH ME

:eek:But if i get jacked basicly lose a bunch of stuff and in order to get back up to speed i need to purchase two more things im be very upset worst then zap way worst

i still hope i get my scaner that i already have my ms agent my exe protection my hardcore settings my auto start my ports ect ect then im fine with the upgrade no need for that adtional stuffs

but if i lose stuff on top of stuff and have to buy new stuff that just outright sucks

8. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Blazey:
    [table][tr][td]TDS-3 Pro[/td][td]Trojan Defence Suite[/td][td]you have[/td][td]shareware[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]WG-3[/td][td]WormGuard[/td][td]you have[/td][td]shareware[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]PE[/td][td]Port Explorer[/td][td]you have[/td][td]shareware[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]CS[/td][td]CryptoSuite[/td][td]you have[/td][td]shareware[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]PG[/td][td]ProcessGuard[/td][td]you have[/td][td]shareware + free[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]ASV[/td][td]AutoStart Viewer[/td][td]you have[/td][td]free[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]APM[/td][td]Advanced Process Manipulation[/td][td]you have[/td][td]free[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]APT[/td][td]Advanced Process Termination[/td][td]you have[/td][td]free[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]OP[/td][td]Open Ports[/td][td]you have[/td][td]free personal use[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]CT[/td][td]Console Tools[/td][td]you have[/td][td]free[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]IRClean[/td][td]IRC /MIRC clean[/td][td]you have[/td][td]free[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]RegistryProt[/td][td]Registry Protection[/td][td]you have[/td][td]free[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]Taskman+[/td][td]Task Manager tool[/td][td]you have[/td][td]free[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]DelLater[/td][td]Deleter tool[/td][td]you have[/td][td]free[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]CmdLine[/td][td]Process Listing command lines[/td][td]you have[/td][td]free[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]AG[/td][td]Active Guard (TDS-4)[/td][td]we're all waiting for[/td][td]shareware[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]ASG[/td][td]AutoStart Guard[/td][td]we're all waiting for[/td][td]free or shareware?[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]scanner[/td][td]Scanner (TDS-4)[/td][td]we're all waiting for[/td][td]shareware[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]TDS-4 Pro[/td][td]TDS-4 Pro[/td][td]we're all waiting for[/td][td]shareware[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]WG-4[/td][td]WormGuard-4[/td][td]we're all waiting for[/td][td]shareware[/td][/tr]
    [/table]

More available on the products pages, more to come.

9. Jason_DiamondCS

Jason_DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Nothing has been set in stone yet about how many packages TDS-4 may come in, what TDS-3 users will get, etc. We are trying to streamline everything into a product that isn't only the best at what it does, but also is easy for everyone to use and understand. Until the day it is released I am sure there will be a lot of changes in what TDS-4 ends up as. If you knew the amount of changes already since the last 12 months that TDS-4 has undergone you would realize why we aren't giving out release dates. :)

When we begin beta testing (which usually means public version will be released within a month of that) you guys will know.

-Jason-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.