If Comodo Time Machine nuked your PC!

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by ratchet, Apr 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

2. ratwing

ratwing Guest

Fine as option 1!!

Option 2:Refrain from installing in the first place.
    Option 3:If you do install it,do not attempt to uninstall it...EVER!!

Contrast please the difference between the time required to fix the Sandboxie problem ,with Windows updates,and the time Comodo has known CTM is a potential system destroying phenomenon,and has done nothing.

What might help would be to say "This is at best BETA software.
    Use at your own risk."
    (It will remain at best,BETA software,through its development cycle,because
    here at Planet Comodo,that's how we roll!)

rat

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2010
  3. Threedog

Threedog Registered Member

I have honestly not had any problems with CTM. The times I don't want to use it I don't bother trying to uninstall anyways. I just zero the hard drive with my nuke disk, quick zero...just the first bit of the hd which takes care of the MBR, then pop in my Acronis disc and restore whatever image I want. But like I say, CTM does what it is supposed to do with no problems when I do use it.

Funny how on different computers some stuff will run excellent while on others it won't.

4. ratwing

ratwing Guest

Threedog said:

"Funny how on different computers some stuff will run excellent while on others it won't"

That is so true!!

Even with same operating system,most of the same soft/hardware,etc.,
    mileage always varies.

rat

5. Kid Shamrock

Kid Shamrock Registered Member

The uninstall issue has been well known for months and apparently is still not fixed. Uninstalling CTM trashed my MBR on two different occasions, it will not get a third try :(. You should not have to restore your drive to get rid of an unwanted program, at least not one from a reputable company. Stay with AyRecovery, I've used it for over a year with no issues.

6. zx81

zx81 Registered Member

Hmm I uninstalled it without issue on my laptop. I did have a macrium image to fall back on if things went awry.

I really like the software, only problem is comodo and the macrium "bart" loader do not co-exist, comodo trumps macrium, and while comodo is handy for when day to day tinkering trying out stuff, macrium is the full imaging program, and so takes preference

(It's possible to go through the motions to uninstall comodo and reinstall macrium bart pe when you need to recover an image but maybe someday it would not be, and I sacrificed my DVD bay for a 2nd drive on my laptop, and dont want to carry around an external. Tried making an USB key loader but it didnt work)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.