If anyone can help, please i need it!!

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by shi13, May 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shi13

shi13 Registered Member

i picked up a trojan and it didn't crash my system or anyting like that. Some dialog box popped up and it said that 'someone' owned me. i cant remember the persons name. since then i have downloaded over 10 anti-virus/malware remover/registry cleaners. I no longer have a virus or malware on my computer. Here comes the part i don't understand. During my scans i noticed a very large file under my 'owner' folder named 'complete'. I can't find it with my computer scans and it seems to be no where to be found. I notice also that i cannot prompt my task windows manager, and i have to log off to turn my computer off using the mouse. someone told me that it has something to do with administrator rights. If anyone has any ideas or knows what the problem is, please reply cuz i'm all out of ideas...

2. BigVarn

BigVarn Registered Member

Hi,

Check out the results from running:
    http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/RootkitRevealer.html

If problems can't be detected using anti-virus/anti-malware, then a rootkit detector is your next logical step.

Beyond that, was the message just via "net send" or similar? Can you be sure that something is afoot?

3. Texcritter

Texcritter Registered Member

In folder options do you have show hidden files and folders selected

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.