If a restore fails is there a possibility using the same archive may be successful

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by ratchet, Dec 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

later? I updated some drivers and wasn't really satisfied with the results. I had imaged prior to the updates and tried both the last image and one previous (booted in safe mode) but both failed. Seemed like B&R 12 Home didn't completely load the start programs and the PC froze after both images. On another HD I had an image (after the driver updates) that was made with W7's backup program and I was able to recover that image after booting in safe mode. I'd still like to try the B&R recovery again if some of you think it might work. Thank you!

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

If it failed twice I doubt it will work the third time but you never know.

By "Safe Mode" do you mean Windows Safe Mode?

I would boot the B&R rescue media and try the restore from there unless that is what you mean by "Safe Mode". This would remove the effect of any changes you made to Windows by your experimenting.

Since you have a W7 backup that works and would put you back to where you are now, you have nothing to lose but a bit of time to try another restore.

3. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

Thank you! Win safe mode, yes. Might try again if I get brave.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.