Iexplore message in PG.What to do?

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Image, Apr 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Image

Image Registered Member

Hi,

I get messages in both Firefox 1.5 and IE 6 from PG about a global hook.
    I understand that i must be very carefull in allowing global hooks. Any advice.
    Also is PG and it's configuration eating loads of system performance?

I noticed that somebody said that allowing global hooks was a drastic decrease in system performance.

I have little experience with subjects like this one so any advice would be very welcome.

2. SpikeyB

SpikeyB Registered Member

I don't think it matters whether you allow or block. Both those browsers are trusted programmes so you can allow the global hooks. I found that it didn't matter if I blocked them, they still worked, so I left them blocked.

I think the main feature to be careful of is allowing physical memory access.

I never noticed a slow down in system performance with PG installed and all security options active.

3. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

A lot of stuff won't work if you don't allow global hooks. I allow for all that ask. I learned my lesson about that when I first got VMWare Workstation and couldn't get the mouse to work. I spent a week to trying to figure it out and asking in forums, etc. Turned out I just needed to allow a global hook. Since then I have allowed all global hooks. I tried to deny some, but nothing works right if deny...at least for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.