IEXPLORE.exe problems

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by trdr, Jun 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trdr

trdr Registered Member

w2k + ie6 and receiving ' IEXPLORE.exe has generated errors . . . ' msg and
    the one that sends report and restarts ie, occurs at one site in particular at
    initial site load, sometimes other sites when changing pages - ads ?

did a search here and found a few suggestions which I applied without any
    of them fixing the problem - which is about 2 weeks old now

anything in the flash / activex area I can try that might solve the problem ?

2. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

If you have added any kind of plugins, say mouse gestures for example, ad blocking, or anything else, that could and often is a source of IE crashes and problems.. I suppose it's possible a new flash version is causing trouble, but that's less likely. Not sure what else to suggest....

3. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

I've found that going to websites that want you to install WMP controls and the like turns IE into a mess, even IE7. All those ActiveX controls junk it up or get corrupted and ask you to install them again over and over because they no longer either see them or can use them, and it leads to IE falling on its face. It could be a Flash issue, but I have a feeling it's some ActiveX control out of whack, seeing as it is happening on a particular website especially.

4. trdr

trdr Registered Member

thanks for the replies

installed firefox and was able to access the one forum i was having repeated
    iexplore problems with. firefox indicated there was a missing program - flash
    but for some reason i was unable to install it, however, i was still able to use
    the site

will keep ie6 installed for my mail and browse with firefox

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.