"iespyad"

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by philip1, Nov 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. philip1

philip1 Registered Member

I want to use iespyad for some added protection while surfing around. With some 20,000 plus entries will this slow down my browsing experience any? Are there any conflicts with other programs that use these lists, like Socketshield or Adshield? Which would block first, iespyad or Socketshield, if they both had the entry on file at the time? Are any special ie settings needed to deal with it to keep from breaking too many sites? Thanks, AKA Eliza Doolittle

2. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    I have this thing on my pc for a yr now and didn't experience any problems with it. It is a "passive protection", and works by blocking some bad sites. ;)

It will not affect internet surfing. It works like SpywareBlaster, and the Spybot S&D immunize feature...this also immunize your pc. :cool:

3. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

After installing IESPYAD :
    1. Open MS Internet Explorer
    2. Click on Tools / Internet Options
    3. Click on "Security"-tab
    4. Click on "Restricted sites"
    5. Click on "Sites"-button and you get a list of dangerous websites, imported by IESPYAD.

You still get access to these websites, but the security level of "Restricted Sites" is so high, that they can't hurt you anymore.

So IESPYAD prevents the installation of malwares and that is ALWAYS the very best protection you can get.
    It doesn't matter if IESPYAD is incomplete and contains non-existing websites, because of its preventing nature.
    Keep in mind that IESPYAD only works for MS Internet Explorer.

An additional protection is possible in the HOSTS file , which also prevents the installation of malwares.
    You can't get access to the websites in the HOSTS file anymore.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.