ieSpell - A Free Spell Checker for IE

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Technodrome, May 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Technodrome

Technodrome Security Expert

Very nice and usefull utility for FREE !  :D

ieSpell is a free Internet Explorer browser extension that spell checks text input boxes on a webpage. It should come in particularly handy for users who do alot of web-based text entry (e.g. web mails, forums, blogs, diaries). Even if your web application already includes spell checking functionality, you might still want to install this utility because it is definitely much faster than a server-side solution. Plus you get to store and use your personal word list across all your applications, instead of maintaining separate ones on each application.

The program installs as a new button in the IE toolbar (as well as a new menu item under "Tools") - after filling a form, just hit the ieSpell button and it pops up a dialog, similar to the MS Word spell check

Get it from http://www.iespell.com

Technodrome

2. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Thanks Technodrome!!!

Just DL'ed, installed, and tried out ie-spell...

Cool program. I am always making typos and this will be very handy.

Regards,
    Kent

3. UNICRON

UNICRON Technical Expert

Ja, I love it. My posts look like MRBLAZE's on the first pass lol. Then I do a JIT proofread before posting. This tool really helps.

Unlike MS-word, however, there is no grammar checker, so misuses of words are not caught. Perhaps in future versions it will be added, but the accompanying complexity may be prohibitive without requiring some loot.

Still a great tool for less than perfect spellers (who actually care). I even added my handle  to the list so it doesn't want to call me unicorn all the time.

4. Technodrome

Technodrome Security Expert

Perhaps in future versions grammar checker might be added, but till then this will do job.  :D

Technodrome

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.