IEEE1394 where are you!?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by emougey, Aug 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emougey

emougey Registered Member

I recently downloaded True Image trial version 8.0 build 768 and gave it a try. Since I still use drive image 3.0, I was pleasantly surprised. However the devil is in the details. When I booted from the emergency restore disk, I found that the application had difficulty with my external IEEE1394 disks. I employ two identical enclosures daisy chained, each with a two channel IDE bridge board. Windows 2K identifies the board as the following:

Wise Advanced Co._ Ltd. Wise Advanced IDE
    Devices Lun 0 IEEE 1394 SBP2 Device

Unknown Vendor and model IEEE 1394 SBP2
    Device Lun 1

The first box is populated with two WD caviar 120 GB drives and the second box is populated with a single WD caviar 60GB drive.

I receive the following error message as the application is searching for mountable media:

IEEE1394: SBP2: Error logging into SBP-2 device- login timed out.

This message is repeated three times, once for each disk.

Windows identifies the IEEE1394 controller as an OHCI compliant IEEE1394 host controller. It employs a recent generation TI phy.

On a positive note, my SCSI CDROMs and HDs as well as my IDE CDRWs and DVDs were all recognized and properly supported.

Is there an easy fix for this problem?

Also of note, when I first booted from the from the rescue disk I received all sorts of obscure error messages about IRQs not being assigned to hardware. As it is apparent that you are consciously trying to make the application dummy proof, you may want to warn the user in the documentation that when booting from the CD the BIOS must be set to assign IRQs to all hardware: OS PNP compatible: NO!

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.