IE9 tops first HTML5 conformance test

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by elapsed, Nov 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Source: http://www.neowin.net/news/internet-explorer-9-tops-first-html5-conformance-test
    Updated graph with Opera 11 and Safari 5.0.2: http://test.w3.org/html/tests/reporting/report.htm

2. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

3. elapsed

Fair enough, but until W3C comes up with the full proper test (can't wait to see it btw) this is just a small taste of good things to come with IE9. It may be "misleading" in the sense that it doesn't have enough tests but what is performed in the test is by no means wrong and shows the clear winner between them. Although the greater winner might be someone else, time will tell.

Also to corect you in the other post where you state "Far from official", it's performed by W3C, so it is official, sorry.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2010
  4. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

I won't argue the point as we all want better browsers! ;)

5. elapsed

Already fixed, the report now uses alpha webkit, alpha opera, alpha firefox, and alpha Chrome.

IE9 still "wins".
    http://test.w3.org/html/tests/reporting/report.htm

html5.png

6. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

Isn't it amazing!
    Ibid

But we shouldn't let anything stop us from being happy :)

7. elapsed

vasa1, what have I cited the results as that you somehow feel is inappropriate? As last I checked, I was mirroring the information freely provided to us by the official W3C group, that shows IE9 currently in the lead with the specifications in the current test. A completely true fact that you have to accept.

Did i somewhere mention that this test was perfect and/or stable? It's obvious this test is going to continue progressing and changing, possibly even by the day, and the results will keep on changing, but that doesn't make the results wrong or flawed in any way.

8. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

Like you, I have quoted from the link. If you are entitled, so am I.

Results are one thing; conclusions are another. All of us have every right to "mirror... completely true facts" irrespective of context (which is highly subjective). I would as well. The importance we attach to transient findings is also subjective. I prefer to read about matters that are enabling in some respect.

Another completely true future fact I will have to accept is that IE9 will, in all probability, continue leading since it focuses on a single operating system whereas the others don't. This level of dedication will be rewarded. Whether the continued domination will have anything to do with the "home ground" advantage or not, is moot.

9. elapsed

Personally I don't think IE9 will continue leading unless development on IE10 starts slightly faster than 2 years from now...

Last edited: Nov 5, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.