ie9 an add on failed to load

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by stratoc, Dec 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stratoc

stratoc Guest

Hi, I havn't used SWB for a while, I use firefox as main browser. I switched AV from eset to Avast.
    I had to use 2 browsers, for speed I opened ie9 and on many sites I got an addon failed to load message from ie9, I thought this was Avast, I switched back to eset and still had the problem. I tried everything reset ie9 I just couldn't get it to work properly, Adobe flash was the add on that was not loading. I remembered I installed SWB 4.5 after disabling all protection ie9 was fine again!
    It happens 50% of the time, it looks like adobe flash is timing out, I get it most on cable forum, but it also happens on other sites.
    No problems with firefox, I found this my accident as I don't use ie very often.

2. jpcummins

jpcummins Registered Member

I receive almost the same message exception being my browser is ie8. Is there a simple method of discovering which add on is failing to load? And, if the add on is identified what steps must be taken to see that the add on is loading properly? Additionally, is there a way to see that add ons are being updated or replaced? Believe me I know just enough to get myself into trouble. As always all replies will be appreciated and I would thank you in advance.

John

3. stratoc

stratoc Guest

It was adobe flash for me, see if you get any red 'x' marks where there is meant to be a banner, best example I could find was the add on cable forum http://www.cableforum.co.uk/ and the main banner on 3d guru http://www.guru3d.com/ happened about 60% of the time, sometimes it was ok but there was a deffinate delay.
    both load fine with protection disabled.

4. De Hollander

De Hollander Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.