IE8 uninstall corruption fixed by by IE7 over IE7 reinstall

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by cortez, Dec 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cortez

cortez Registered Member

After the AT&T download center said that IE8 was not supported I un-installed IE8 but this resulted in these corruptions:

1. no firewall service

2. No internet Explorer service ( Firefox still worked !!!)

3. minor corruption with security center

4. no de-fragmenter service.

I reinstalled IE7 ( which was installed previous to installing IE8 ) over the un functional IE7 that was already installed and it corrected the above corruptions.

I have IE7 in file form and it took only minutes to reinstall and reboot. Hope this may help someone with similar problem.

Funny but after reinstalling IE7, Windows XP automatically went into chkdsk and reported a few missing files and their re-installation. Microsoft's XP can be surprising at times.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2008
  2. PROROOTECT

PROROOTECT Registered Member

Yes Cortez it is funny.

I wait determinedly for stable version!

... determinedly!

3. Shankle

Shankle Registered Member

Internet Explorer is a good program to get rid of.
    Try Thunderbird by Mozilla. You will like it.

4. PROROOTECT

Hi,

IE make progress!
    My new IE7 is wonderful: I have 'Tabbed Browsing' and 'Run IE in PROTECTED MODE' possibilities, on IE Options/Advanced!

You get this?

*puppy*

5. cortez

cortez Registered Member

I am not an "Internet Explorer" booster but my health care provider does not support anything else!! In order to get my online medications it must be done on IE 7!!, to do otherwise would cost me $90 dollars extra if filled up in my local pharmacy.

I normally use Fire Fox or K- Melon for getting on the net.

The Human recourses department is now trying to get Fire Fox as an acceptable browser but they have been spouting this line for more than a year and a half, so I am not confident that it will become so for some time coming.

I use IE 7 out more out of of necessity and not preference. Nevertheless IE 7 seems to work fine but IE8 is still unstable as noted by many users.

I hope this situation will be remedied soon.:mad:

Last edited: Dec 7, 2008
  6. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Bugs, bugs, and always bugs. They never seem to be able to do anything right except cause grief & frustration and not only on IE.

So here is what happened to a friend of mine. His IE7 was painfully slow, so slow i nearly demanded he go back to IE6 and forget IE7. It was horrible, and no malware problems were discovered.

I then decided to overwrite IE7 again with a new install and that browser took off like, well not a rabbit, but it at least was finally loading pages for him. MORAL: It's my advice to occasionally save all your bookmarks ever so often and reinstall IE7 if it consistently begins weirdness and see if that helps or not.

EASTER

7. PROROOTECT

Maybe get rid of some add-ons?
    - Compare the behavior of IE7 without add-ons ( PROGRAMS/Accessories/System Tools/Internet Explorer without add-ons )

Download ToolbarCop :argh::thumb:

8. Espresso

Espresso Registered Member

IE8 has a compatibility mode switch that uses the IE7 engine for sites you specify.

BTW, Thunderbird is a mail client.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.