IE7 issues

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by YadaYada, Oct 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YadaYada

YadaYada Registered Member

Darn it Eset.

For six months I've been using Kaspersky.

Went back to NOD32 just Today.

IE7 locks up all the time now.

You do scan faster...20min vs 26 with the K.

But, at least Kaspersky didn't lock up IE7 all the time.

Nice to have subcriptions to both.

I can dump you.

In 6 months, you ain't fixed this version 3 crap !

People are better off with no AV...as a virus locks up PC's...kind of what NOD does !

Thanks !

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I am quite sure it is some leftover of your previous antivirus that causes incompatibility problems like the one you describe now.

I have so many clients most running v3 and nobody had such and issue . No problems at all . The fact that it doesn't work in your configuration (for some reason) doesn't make the product "crap".

Run Kaspersky removal utility , check for leftovers , remove them , try to uninstall/reinstall NOD32 , uninstall/reinstall IE7 . ESET SysInspector could help you fix your problem

3. PaulB2005

PaulB2005 Registered Member

Yeah, every single user of NOD32 experiences this, don't they?

Been working fine here on 2 PCs and the 3 dozen or so I've installed it on for clients.

Last week i dealt with a PC with Kaspersky. Endless BSOD when installed and no problems when not installed. By your rationale this is the same experience every Kaspersky user would have. Wow! That is a bad product.

All software (AV, Firewall, Word Processor, Games etc) occasionally don't work on some PCs. OK so you have a problem with NOD v3. It's no good shouting in here as if everyone is experiencing the same as you because they are not. Follow the advise above and see where that gets you.

I'd also clear my IE cache and disable all the BHOs and tool-bars you have installed. Tools, Internet Options, Advanced, Restore Advanced Settings and then use the Reset... button underneath. Close IE and reopen IE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.