IE7 installation

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by DavidCo, Oct 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DavidCo

DavidCo Registered Member

MS make a point of disabling your AV before installing IE7.
    I never disable Nod32, it's there for a reason.

Anyone had any problems or has nobody bothered with IE7:)

2. SSK

SSK Registered Member

No problems! :)

3. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

Have not tried IE7 final but did have RC1 for a short period on a fresh install on my laptop. No AV or other security apps. had been installed yet. Granted, it is only a P III with 512 of PC100 ram, the install is quit long for only a 14 meg. file. Was not impressed with it at all and un-installed it in less then a day. May retry it with the final release which I have setting on my storage drive. As far as disabling your AV. I have never disabled my AV for any install even when the instructions of the installer called for it. Then again I am guessing that IE7 is making changes at the deepest part of the OS, the kernel. So the AV should\will at the least pop-up warnings or perhaps even block the changes depending on the AV and its` configuration. In the end it is your call. Hopefully someone who has already installed it will pop in with their experience and steps they used to install it.

4. fosius

fosius Registered Member

I have just installed IE7 final with AMON turned ON and everything went smoothly.

5. Green Giant

Green Giant Registered Member

I downloaded IE7 to Desktop, disabled my broadband connection, shut down Panda Antivirus + Firewall 2007 and AVG Antispyware plus the other icons in the system tray. I then installed IE7, rebooted my PC and restored the broadband connection. I was prompted to go to Windows Update by IE7, but there were no updates applicable. I then removed 19 redundant entries from the registry with RegVac and ran CHKDSK. All went smoothly.

6. GWA

GWA Registered Member

Installed IE7 yesterday. No issues with update or subsequent use of the browser noted. Like the clear type - although it affects the whole system, including other browsers. Shut down my firewall, TrojanHunter and the GUI for NOD, but that was all.

7. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

Installed it with everything turned on in NOD32, no problems at all.

8. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

To All:

As a reminder that this thread concerns IE7 and opinons concerning disabling Nod during IE 7 installation and not about IE 7 itself.

Thanks,
    Bubba

one post moved to more appropriate thread....member sent PM

9. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Only the release Candidates RC1 and RC2 required the disableing of security software such as NOD32 and Webroot Spysweeper, the final stable build recognizes all the common security software installed on your computer, Hope this clears things up :)

10. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Actually Microsoft suggested the disabling of all Anti-malware which would include Nod32....even for the Final release of IE 7. However....it's a personal decision for some users to go their on route and many have commented they felt it was un-necessary to do this....hope that clears things up :eek: ;)

IE7 Installation and Anti-Malware Applications

YMMV,
    Bubba

11. Carver

Carver Registered Member

Thats what I did and everything went smoothly, if you don't disable the stuff you are just asking for somethig to happen. Not a wise choice.

12. zooburner

zooburner Registered Member

I use IE7 and so far no problems, takes a little while to get used to but has some nice features.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.