IE7 hangs on close

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v4 Beta Forum' started by xxJackxx, Dec 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

After uninstalling this beta I discovered that it was the cause of IE7 hanging when I exit it. It causes it to take anywhere from 3 to 20 seconds to close. This is on both Vista 32 and 64 bit. Without it installed IE7 closes instantly. I hope it can be fixed as I will most likely end up reinstalling this beta, as it is still one of the best products going right now, even in its beta form. ;)

As a follow up, I decided to try the 684 build of version 3 and it is very fast and does not have this problem. I will probably stick with it until the next beta.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2008
  2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Does this occur if you start Internet Explorer in "safe mode" by selecting Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> Internet Explorer (No Add-ons) from the Start Orb?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. xxJackxx

No it does not. It seems to be the Weather Channel toolbar that causes this. However, when I have ESS v3 installed it does not have this problem.

4. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Just to confirm, that is the Weather Channel Toolbar for Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 available for download from http://www.weather.com/services/ie7.html, correct?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

5. xxJackxx

Yes, that is correct.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.