IE7 crashes due to Adobe Flash player

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ASpace, Jan 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hello!

My Internet Explorer 7 on Windows Vista with SP1 has been crashing mulitple times a day for about a month (including just a few minutes ago) . No crashes occur if I am running it with the option "no add-ons enabled" . The onliest 3rd party add-on I have is the latest version of the popular Adobe Flash player and I think it is the culprit here .

Sometime before the crashes started IE has informed me that a flash object may cause a delay , if I want to "miss" it .

Have you noticed such behaviour ? I am starting to think that everything that Adobe touches early or later gets seriously corrupted...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2009
  2. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Hey dude,
    just tryed youtube and works fine.
    im using vista home premium 64bit SP1.
    im using the 32bit IE7
    im using the lastest flash player 10.
    what flash player version are you using?

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

YouTube works . I can't say exactly when IE crashes but most often upon close or when opening/closing tabs , sometimes upon loading pages (any pages).

The latest ,too , downloaded from www.adobe.com

4. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

HiTech boy, it's a known problem between IE7 in Vista and Adobe Flash player 10 (Adobe Forum). You have 2 options: go back to Version 9 or use Toggle Flash.

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hi!

Thanks for the link . I'll be running with no add-ons for a while

6. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

You're welcome, HiTech_boy! Don't give up on Toggle Flash, because that app has worked on my clients' PCs who had the same IE7 flash problems.

7. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Nope, have not noticed anything like it here with IE7 and Flash 10 latest on Vista x64 SP1 etc. And I use IE7 all the time as my main browser. Guess I am having good luck... :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.