IE6 vs. IE7

Discussion in 'polls' started by ASpace, Nov 27, 2006.

?

What version of Internet Explorer do you use ?

Poll closed Jan 26, 2007.
  1. Internet Explorer 6

27.5%
  2. Internet Explorer 7

72.5%
  1. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hi . I was wondering what version of Microsoft Internet Explorer you are currently using ? Those of you who have IE7 , do you like it , have you found any major bugs ? Why do you prefer IE6 / IE7 ?

I still use Internet Explorer 6

2. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

IE7 is nice. I have found no bugs. After I installed it I set it up the way I like it and off it went. Firefox is still better ;)

3. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

I use IE7 but only for mail and banking stuff. And because it has that new phishing feature.
    For everything else I use FF2.

4. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

IE7 is a big improvent but Opera and Firefox are still better in my opinion.

5. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Amen to that!

6. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

i have IE7 installed but my IE usage has remained the same: very very low.

when i need to load an IE site, i just use IEtab.

7. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Just a reminder that this Poll concerns What version of Internet Explorer do you use ? IE6 vs. IE7....and would appreciate if We continue in that direction and not a discussion of other browsers. There are plenty of ongoing threads concerning that subject matter.

Thanks,
    Bubba

8. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

9. Alphalutra1

Alphalutra1 Registered Member

IE7, but just for windows update. The default interface is pretty abnormal, but I haven't really put any time into using it since i use other browsers.

Cheers,

Alphalutra1

10. marcromero

marcromero Guest

Currently still using IE6, but I plan on downloading and installing IE7 when time permits. Internet Explorer 6/7 is my default browser.

11. TimaN

TimaN Registered Member

Using IE7 have you noticed a slower startup speed until your homepage downloads? I installed IE7 and I think it is slower on startup. Main window opens instantly, but on tab it says "Connecting..." and after a little delay web page shows up. It only happens on initial startup.

12. bigfoot96

bigfoot96 Registered Member

Its fairly common for IE7 to prevent Movie Maker from working.(It always starts with an error message.)This was the case on my computer.I found that when Sony Picture Package1.5 and WinDVDCreator2 were installed along with IE7 this will always occur.I tried installing these programs on another person's laptop and the same thing happened.I uninstalled IE7 and run IE6 again.IE7 messes up HP Director too but there are fixes for that that do not involve uninstalling programs.

13. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

^ No errors when starting movie maker here, but I never use it anyway :)

14. cprtech

cprtech Registered Member

IE6 because I find it utterly inexcusable that IE7 toolbars can't be re-positioned to increase the viewing area. Also, the home page loads too slowly.

15. 19monty64

19monty64 Registered Member

Only use InternetExplorer for MS-updates and I found IE7 a little to "heavy", so when I had to re4mat I decided to stick with IE6. If IE7 gets the "wand" feature I would consider the switch !!!

16. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

As a common user, I do not see a difference between IE6 and IE7.
    I just use IE7 because of tabs and I do not use RSS or phishing filter.
    But I have not used IE6 since July 2005 (used IE7 B1) so I do not know.

17. Get

Get Guest

IE6. I only use it for windowsupdate and it's locked the rest of the time. Eventual bugs in 7 keep me from upgrading for the time being.

18. chrisretusn

chrisretusn Registered Member

I am using IE 7, or more presicely I have it installed. Waited until it was listed as a security fix with windows updates. I have spent considerable time exploring IE 7, I really like the tabs. The new tool bar layout took some getting used to, but it grows on you. So far I like it; however, I still prefer my other browser. I just a matter of what I am used to.

19. siliconman01

siliconman01 Registered Member

Using IE7. The only odd item I have is that a page selected from Favorites does not open in a new tab.

20. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Off topic posts removed and a reminder that the Poll topic is IE6 vs. IE7 and not discussion about other browsers of choice.

Thanks,
    Bubba

Edit

Off topic posts removed and any further comments\discussion about other browsers of choice will be removed without comment.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2006
  21. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

I used IE7 for about 10 minutes and hated it, so I uninstalled and am back to using IE6 as my sole browser. I've also done a Reg tweak to ensure IE7 does not get foisted on me again though Windows updates.

Since then I've done a bit of Googling to find out the necessary Reg tweak to put the Tools menu back on top, but I can't find any way to get rid of the space consuming command bar.

The other worry I have is the Local Machine/My Computer Zone, in IE6 I can tweak the Reg to bring this into sight so as to tighten up my protection; but I'm not sure how to do that with IE7, which would leave me less secure.

Since IE is my only browser, I'll have to upgrade to IE7 soon 'cos IE6 will only be supprted for a period (I assume!), so I'm gonna wait for the dust to settle before trying it again.

In the meantime does anyone know how to bring up the 'My Computer Zone' in IE7?

Edit - Darn it, I meant to say I've found a Reg tweak to bring the Menu Bar on top (as it is in IE6) not the tools Bar!

Last edited: Dec 1, 2006
  22. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

If you remove all the Commands it should leave one Separator. Add another Separator for a total of 2 Separators and effectively it removes the Command bar.

23. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

Oh man, I am an IE lover and I never knew about this. Thanks for the tip (it works) Bubba. ;)

24. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

My pleasure ;)

25. trjam

trjam Registered Member

The problem I am having with IE7 is I create my favorites list and over time, the link goes dead. I click on it and nothing happens, so I have to save it all over again. Would be really grateful for any help.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.