IE10 Preview 2 Released

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by elapsed, Jun 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

• Beautiful and interactive Web applications are easier to deliver with support for several new technologies like CSS3 Positioned Floats, HTML5 Drag-drop, File Reader API, Media Query Listeners and initial support for HTML5 Forms.
    • HTML5 Application performance improves across the board, as well as the ability to deliver better performance with more efficient use of battery life with new technologies like Web Workers with Channel Messaging, Async script support, and others.
    • Web application security improves using the same markup with support for HTML5 Sandbox for iframe isolation.

http://www.neowin.net/news/ie10-platform-preview-2-released
    http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ie/archive/...latform-preview-available-for-developers.aspx

2. guest

guest Guest

+ It's nice to see Microsoft devs properly describing the trend they are following.

3. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Wow, more version madness.
    Everyone is following Google super fast version change? :rolleyes:

4. elapsed

I don't see a new IE every 3 months, and from what I've seen in only 2 previews, it's already justified. Beta will be in September alongside Windows 8 beta, there will probably be a ton more new stuff by then.

5. Noob

Noob Registered Member

I just though that because IE has always been releasing major version every few years, this time it's been less that a year from IE 9 official release :D
    So in IE terms that is fast compared to the past :D

6. J_L

J_L Registered Member

I wonder how long IE 9 will be supported, since Microsoft guaranteed support for up to the bundled OS lifetime, but IE 9 wasn't released with any.

7. guest

guest Guest

But, this thread is just about a new "platform preview" of IE 10. Made public mainly for web devs testing.

The final version of IE 10 is very far from being ready. Even IE 10 "Beta" is far.

Microsoft continues logical in their taken to release cycles - just more transparent (and a little bit more active, yeah) than before.

8. elapsed

Thankfully. I always like testing the latest things, and I'm impatient, not a very good combination. Although I doubt I'll ever see Microsoft pumping out new stuff every 6 weeks, the once a year is better than the previous seemingly "not-interested" development cycle.

9. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

~Off topic comments removed. See the TOS.~

Same old/boring story...Just like the one with IE9...

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2011
  10. iravgupta

iravgupta Registered Member

Unless they change their add-on model to a a lightweight JS/CSS based one, I am not interested. Also as I have said many times before, they need to accommodate add-ons in the UI instead of putting each on a separate toolbar.

11. Martijn2

Martijn2 Registered Member

Until the support for win7 ends (in 2020 I think)

12. elapsed

Yup, whilst I don't agree that JS/CSS would be the best solution, they definitely need to work on addon integration and customizability.

13. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

I also hope they'll bring the (or more) usability I had with version 8, like quickly allow/block cookies. Something they removed in IE9.

And, what I'd also really like would be the option to have different IE profiles. I wonder when Microsoft will finally do it...

14. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

I agree... I'd hate not to be able to disable JS just for the sake of using add-ons. One of the things I dislike in Chromium. It's either JavaScript enabled/add-ons or JavaScript disabled/no add-ons.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.