IE wont clear history with now, new google is sh*t and causing major problems

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Anthoo, Apr 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anthoo

Anthoo Registered Member

Hi all
    major problems with google & vista!
    since the latest google version, IE has been crashing and requesting restart or close program and restart IE, its a damn nightmare

and to cherry it all off they now list everything surfed in http dropdown window and I cant clear history or delete it, all history stays logged
    cookies etc

All advice needed
    Ant

2. Anthoo

Anthoo Registered Member

Problem solved, a hastie post by myself unfortunately:doubt:

Hate to say this but it was partly the fault of Defensewall

It was blocking any type of temp file, cookie deletion and would not allow me to change the settings in the Autocomplete. Autocomplete is the culprit for atleast one part of the problem

Thx for looking
    ps anyone who knows why IE8 is crashing on Vista at IE startup, that would be helpful

Now both GESwall & Defensewall removed

3. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

No one puts much credence in my observations when it comes to Microsoft only blasts me for my disloyalty of not bowing down to their superiority (complex) :D

But i been quietly watching M$ kill security vendors for over a year now, pressure the heck of others, cause other coronary influx disease, and put others completely out of business.

In other words their revolving door policy is working to perfection. They create some of the best spin off third party developers & groups ever seen only to finish them off with every new O/S release.

Those who survive? Are in for a very long struggle to stay afloat or just grow frustrated and guess who loses, the poor ole customers who pay thru the nose to good talented vendors who have been covering the gaps & gaping holes in microsofts masterful programming for years.

Because of IE you have to drop both GESwall & Defensewall, two fine protection apps for quite a awhile. That really tells a lot when matters come full circle which wat this whole M$ poilcy is going to come to, and thats mass exodus to UNBUNTU. MAC, Linux and others if they just get rolling better with their O/S's.

4. AKAJohnDoe

AKAJohnDoe Registered Member

Nice choice of title :thumbd:

5. Eice

Eice Registered Member

Says who? I often get quite a good laugh out of them. :D

6. Ilya Rabinovich

Ilya Rabinovich Developer

I really doubt it's about my software because IE temporary files and cookies are automatically excluded from being protected.

7. Anthoo

Anthoo Registered Member

Ilya

thanks for the feedback, perhaps its because my other PC is running Vista 64bit, as I reinstalled DW and it had exactly the same problem, it would not clear out the temp files, cookies and IE8 started hanging again, Flash.exe kept conflicting when loading MSN homepage, it logged 6 instances of same Flash.exe running, so I removed it again.

Im running DW on my work PC, its running XP and no conflicts or issues at all
    All works fine :thumb:

So my conclusion its a conflict issue with Vista 64bit, it already had issues with Adobe flash until IE8 was installed. and I have just noticed DW doesnt support Vista 64 (according to Defensewall install guide)

If you have any suggestions on how I can run it on Vista 64,
    would very much appreciate it,

Nice HIPS, like it very much

regards
    Ant

8. Ilya Rabinovich

Ilya Rabinovich Developer

64 bit Windows versions are not supported by DW and it doesn't work there absolutely. I have no idea how exactly you could even install it with no error messages.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.