IE Spyad for Mom

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by optigrab, Oct 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. optigrab

optigrab Registered Member

Spent a day cleaning out a BUNCH of spyware off my coworker's PC. Then went to my Mom's house and realized I could do something more to protect her from spyware. Realistically, I'm not going to get her to ditch IE (fully patched), so I installed IE Spyad on her machine. I don't use it myself (I prefer a nice HOST file, Hostess, and eDexter). But IE Spyad is so transparent, I felt really good about adding it to her machine*.

Assuming there's a lot of IE Spyad fans here, huh?

* She's also running eTrust Promo AV, Ewido, and I routinely run Spybot and Adaware. Additional suggestions welcome.

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

The installation of SpywareBlaster as an extra layer of protection want hurt.

3. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

Prevx and a pacfile.

4. optigrab

optigrab Registered Member

@ Bubba: I knew Spywareblaster would come up. Yeah, that is an obvious one I neglected to consider. Will do. Thanks!

@ Infinity: I don't use Prevx, how transparent is it? Also, what's a pacfile? Thanks too!

5. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

I say very transparant with prevx. but a lot of popups the first time you use it cause it is a system firewall, cause it will learn what you let through/modify your system.

https://www.prevx.com/homeoffice/prevxhome/prevxhome.htm

a pacfile is working a bit like spyad but more advanced. you can specify IP's to block and words to block.. do you know Spyblocker, it uses an advanced padfile where we can add like all the spyware IP's we want.... not that difficult to learn.

bye

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.