IE security issue

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by garyknowz, Feb 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garyknowz

garyknowz Guest

Whenever I attempt to download quicktime player, I receive a message stating that: "Your current security settings prohibit activeX controls on this page. As a result, the page will not display properly." I cannot get the download to start. The next page bluntly says: "Your current security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded."

I checked my settings and set the activeX ones to "enable", set the security to low, restarted my machine, and a few other long shots all to no avail.

The support site is absolutely useless and doesn't even have an email page to as the tech a question. Talk about horrible customer service.

The spec of my machine is well above the minimum requirements for the program too (3.2 P4, 1024 RAM, ATI 9800 AIW GC, etc...). My OS in Win XP Pro.

Does anyone have any tips or ideas what could be the barrier and how to amend the issue?

2. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

Hi,

I tried it out myself. With activeX enabled i am able to download the file. When setting to disabled i cannot. Is there maybe a setting in your browser you overlooked?? Are you using the standard IE browser?

Gerard

3. garyknowz

garyknowz Guest

Yes, I am using IE.

Here's what I do:

IE > Tools > Internet options > security tab > Custom level > Under "ActiveX controls and plug-ins" there are five settings, all are enabled.

Is there another place to tweak the security that has more options?

4. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

Hi,

It could be that you have other security progs running. I would suggest you post a new topic in the section adware, spyware, hijack log.
    Being there you should read how to post your log.
    Let the experts there have a look at your log and follow the instructions.

Gerard

5. zzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzz Guest

Have you run ie-spyad? If so, m7z.net (which is where apple.com downloads the file from) is in your Restricted Sites zone.

6. subratam

subratam Registered Member

Go to Internet Options -> Security -> Default Settings.
    Then Custom Level -> Tick enable to "Run ActiveX Controls and Plugins"

Then try downloading again. Lets see if that works out

7. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Thanks to those that recently contributed....but since this thread is a year old since Guest garyknowz started the thread and posted to this thread....I'm going to assume the assistance is no longer needed.

This thread is now closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.