IE modifications made by SB

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Jos, Oct 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jos

Jos Registered Member

Hi:
    I installed SpywareBlaster (SB) yesterday, no error messages
    during/after install; However, it seems that SB has disabled my mouse's right-click "SAVE TARGET AS" in Internet Explorer,
    since I cannot download/save any files anymore, (files such as Midi, but I still can right-click with Netscape). How can I recover this "SAVE TARGET AS" function in IE ?

**yes, I did a SNAPSHOT after configuring SETTINGS and what have you. Then I tried to undo the changes, but the changes will not revert back to before installing SB. I even tried uninstalling SB, but no success.

How do I know the changes have not been reverted to their previous state ? Because I changed the text that appears
    at the upper-most top left above the FILE-EDIT-VIEW-FAVORITES-TOOLS-HELP toolbar, and it does not revert back,
    I even tried no text at all, but it will not revert. My "SAVE TARGET AS" function is greyed-out.

thanks for any hint.
    Jos

2. Q Section

Q Section Registered Member

Headquarters - London & Field Offices -Worldwide
    Hello Jos

This is an easy correction. There is more than one way to fix this problem. We will wait for another more highly qualified tweaker to give an answer but do not despair. One of the answers involves a simple registry fix. If you do not obtain an answer soon we will pass what information we know but it would be wise to wait for a more qualified tweaker first.

Best wishes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.