IE doesn't browse out to internet/intranet. NOD32 with update date of 1/1/1601

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Cesspool, Jan 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cesspool

Cesspool Registered Member

We have been getting random IE not being able to browse out to the internet/intranet for the last few months. You can ping the external site, but not able to browse to it in IE/Firefox..etc. We recently founded that when this occurs NOD32's last update date is x/x/1601 or another date going back to the year 1601.

When this occurs, we will not be able to disable eset nor uninstall it.

If we reboot these client machines, they are able to get back to internet browsing. This occurs randomly and I have not found any root cause.

Running ESET ver 4.2.35.0

Anybody run into this or have info as to the cause?

Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
  2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Just to verify, you are stating that the calendar year on the computers is set to 1601 and not 2011?

The latest version of ESET NOD32 Antivirus is 4.2.71, which is a newer build by ~35 builds. Does installing that make any difference?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. nanana1

nanana1 Frequent Poster

See image provided by OP in another thread.

1602.jpg

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Could somebody with the year 1601 listed in the last update attempt date export the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ESET\ESET Security key, upload it to a private ftp server (the export will contain the username/password) and pm me the link?

5. Cesspool

Sure, I'll PM you with reg key once I get a client that runs into this again. It's pretty random at the moment and I haven't turn off auto scan after successful update on all clients...so we should see it again soon.

6. Cesspool

Marcos,

It happen again today for a user, this time around it's the year 1621. I will PM you the sftp access to the registry key that you are requesting.

User is on def 5908.

Attached Files:

7. xMarkx

xMarkx Registered Member

Hello,

I think I saw this exact same glitch once (the year 16xx, not able to browse internet) on my sister's computer with ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4.2.64.12 on Windows XP SP3. As far as I know, it has not occured again. I've never had it on my computer though.

Regards,

Mark

8. Cesspool

Mark,

it's pretty random...

On machines where we turned off scheduled task to scan after each successful definition update...we have not been getting this so far. It's affecting machines where there is a schedule task to scan after each successful def update.

9. iptrust

iptrust Registered Member

Hi Cesspool,

I already had this problem. I solved uninstalling EAV (through this KB), then installing it again.

Regards,
    Rafael Guedes

10. Cesspool

Hi Rafael,

It's not a matter of uninstall/reinstalling(because problem will persist). Rebooting will resolve the problem temporary until it occurs again the next time. Just trying to determine if it's a bug or the root cause.

Cesspool

11. Cesspool

Still persist randomly in our corporate environment with recent upgrade to NOD32 4.2.71.2

12. grdotnet

grdotnet Registered Member

I'm seeing this behavior in my environment too. It seems to have gotten more noticeable recently. We're on 4.2.64. I just read this thread - I'll keep an eye out for strange definition dates.

13. JPagano

JPagano Registered Member

We just upgraded as well and have had a bad problem with this as well. Reboots seem to be the easier temp fix. I need to check if the dates are changing, that's very odd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.