IE configuration

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Shelle, Mar 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shelle

Shelle Registered Member

After having HUGE spyware problems, which I have eventually resolved with the help of various people, I have downloaded spywareblaster to improve security!

I have installed the application, and enabled all protection. However, it does comment that "your version of internet explorer is configured in an insecure manner". When I get more details, it indicates that I should have the setting Download unsigned activex controls as disabled and not prompt. Does disabling this setting mean that all unsigned activex are NOT downloaded?

Your help in clarifying this would be greatly appreciated!

Shelle

2. dog

dog Guest

Hi Shelle, ;)

Welcome to Wilders' :)

Yes, no unsigned active X controls would be downloaded, it will not affect signed active X controls.

Additional Info & Resources:

You might like to checkout Eric Howes tool - Enough is Enough - which is a lockdown utility for Internet Explorer 5 and 6.

Enough is Enough

Another handy tool from Eric is IE-Spyad:- IE-Syad

Here are a few more links that'll be helpful to you:
    Eric Howes Introduction to Browser Security
    Eric Howes - Internet Explorer Security

Eric Howes Site is a great resource you may like to bookmark it - Eric Howes - Privacy & Security - Main Index

HTH, ;)

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.