IE Clean

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by Phazor, Sep 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phazor

Phazor Registered Member

IEClean by PSC
    Has anyone used this program, comments please.

Any programs that are along the same line that i should know about that i can compare to?

2. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi Phazor,

Yes, I use it and I absolutely love it !!!
    It's really a great program; it's always running here on my machine.
    (BTW: for Netscape users there is his brother NSClean).

For some other programs, have a look at this thread:
    http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=3439

3. CompilerBacter

CompilerBacter Registered Member

I think it is pretty good too despite the fact that it trashed my system following the first install. This was partly my fault, (I deleted a user account), but I got some good help via e-mail.
    A few points spring to mind though.

Although files are sliced and diced, the filename seems to remain visible to an app such as Directory Snoop, (or any 'undelete' program I guess).

I once tried to clean-up the recycle bin with a right click and the path came up as `/` ! ! :eek:

It always says 'cleaning swapfile' even when this is turned off.

Otherwise it seems to work as expected.

4. Checkout

Checkout Security Rhinoceros

I bought IEClean and I think it's excellent. The UI could certainly use improving (a hell of a lot, frankly) but it really does the job.

5. octogen

octogen Registered Member

I have IEClean and also keep it running in the background. I think it is excellent and haven't had any problems. I tend to agree with Checkout about the interface. I can think of two other similar type cleaners: Internet Cleanup from Ontrack and WindowWasher.

6. luv2bsecure

luv2bsecure Infrequent Poster

Hello, Phazor!

You asked some good questions in the other thread concerning Windows cleaners (as in privacy cleaners). I agree 100% with what's been said here about IE Clean. You asked in the other thread what the 2 or 3...... 3 or 4 ( whatever I said) quality tools were. IE Clean is one of them. However, I would have to agree about the user interface. It needs a good makeover. I can tell you that there is one person on this forum who really knows this program very well and you might want to post specific questions to "FanJ"....

Those were good enough questions in the other thread, in fact, to deserve its own thread for discussion. I'll start that in a few!

John
    Luv2BSecure

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.