IE Browser Pages question

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by coachwife6, Aug 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coachwife6

coachwife6 Registered Member

I installed SpyBlaster after reading about it in the Wall Street Journal two days ago. It has worked wonders on one computer. After visiting roughly 100 websites, and running AdAware and Spybot 1.3, I don't have any cookies or anything else pop up. I am working on our other computer, and I have a question. How many different pages should you have on the IE Broser Pages section. We bought this computer from a college kid, and it's clean, but I want to make it really clean. There are 14 pages listed on the IE Browser Pages section. ARe they all necessary? Thanks.

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

As you may know....that is what SpywareBlaster found as your "browser pages" on your system....for example....your homepage and various search pages, etc. Having said that....there are approximately 20(23 I beleive)....homepage and various search page entries in the registry that SpywareBlaster is checking for existance. While 14 items is within reason....knowing the legitimacy of those items is another thing.

One way can you check the items via SpywareBlaster....is by selecting one of the URL addresses and then selecting....More Info On Item. Most of the URL's in a default state will be either msn.com or microsoft.com. If we need to look further....there are ways to capture the 14 items you mention and take a closer look.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.