IE 7

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by JerryM, Mar 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Is the IE7 Beta in good enough shape for the average user to install and use, or does it still cause enough problems that we should wait?

Thanks,
    Jerry

2. beetlejuice69

beetlejuice69 Registered Member

I put it on and got a bsod almost right away. It worked off and on for a couple of days then I got rid of it. I found too many bugs it to keep it going.

3. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Thanks, it is not ready for me yet.
    Jerry

4. thebigdintx

thebigdintx Registered Member

5. Upasaka

Upasaka Guest

I have installed IE 7 Beta 2 on my 2 machines.....

I never thought I would say this but on present showing I would have to say it is WAY better than Firefox 1.5.

It installed fine,I have as yet seen no problem of any kind, all the sites visited so far (including bank) have worked perfectly.
    I ran the full tests at PC Pitstop and got the best score ever for both machines,my 10 year old reckons it's " wicked" and he is playing online games and they all work well.

I really like the layout of this browser,it is clear,simple very fast and works....hope the security proves better than IE6!

6. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Betas are never good enough for average users. Stay away from them and wait for the final version, like me.

7. SSK

SSK Registered Member

What is good for you is not by definition good for others, ErikAlbert :)

I find IE7 stable enough to use. But I have almost daily images of my Windows partition, so if anything goes wrong, not much is lost :D

8. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Yeah right keep on recommending the betas.
    Once the betas are popular amongst the average users, they will call the alphas, pre-betas.
    We are talking about average users and betas. What's wrong with you ?
    Beta is beta and stability has nothing to do with it. I don't even want to discuss this. Maybe we have another generation problem here. :)

9. SSK

SSK Registered Member

Yes, maybe we do ErikAlbert. :mad:

EDIT: ErikAlbert, that YOU are not willing to try beta's doesn't mean NOBODY should try them. YOU can not tell what the experience level of the poster is, can you?
    So, what is wrong with telling people your experience and warning them that beta means a certain risk, but let them decide for themselves?

BTW statements like: "what is wrong with you" and "maybe we have another generation problem here" are not well recieved on this side of the internet. Think about that the next time, OK?!

Last edited: Mar 28, 2006
  10. crash79`

crash79` Registered Member

I have been using IE7 for near enough the last month or so and have had no problems of any kind. I have used Firefox off and on but decided to stick with IE.
    Each for their own.
    John

11. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

As long as the user knows the meaning of beta, alpha, I don't think there's a problem.
    I also have/had several betas/alphas installed and they don't/didn't give me any trouble at all. :)
    Even with actual releases you can experience problems. It doesn't have to be a beta. :rolleyes:

Of course you always need to take your precautions, just in case something does go wrong. (backup, image, ...)
    You can't blame the developer, only yourself if something happens.

As always http://users.pandora.be/eborght/Emoticons/betaw.gif

12. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

I think most or at least a lot of home users never heard of alpha, beta and RC's and will therefore not install such versions. On forums like this I think there will be a lot more guys (and galls) trying these releases. And most of them I asume know what they are doing and that it might be risky sometimes.

Gerard

13. wulfruna

wulfruna Registered Member

I am 70yrs old ,a very inexperienced user. I have used IE7 for a month with absolutely no problems whatsoever.

I like the layout of it and it seems much simpler to use than IE6,

14. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

Alpha version means, that products is tested and there many known bugs.
    Beta version means, that product is still tested, but so far there are no known bugs.

I use IE 7 for long and no problems at all. For me, IE is still the most secure browser around.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2006
  15. thebigdintx

thebigdintx Registered Member

i tried it, but had to go back to ie6 because my bank dosn't support ie7 yet(i called them, and apparently they will not either until it's out of beta). i'll have to wait until it's out of beta. bummer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.