IE 7 Internet/Local Machine Zone

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Rasheed187, Aug 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Hi,

Quick question, with IE 6 these two zones can be controlled separately, but I´ve noticed that in IE7 these zones seem to be exactly the same, with that I mean, if you disable ActiveX controls in the internet zone, the same thing happens in the local zone, can anyone confirm? I don´t think it´s supposed to work like this. :rolleyes:

2. Rasheed187

3. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

Nothing happens when click on the Local Machine Zone; it stays on the previous zone I clicked.

Edit: After googling I get teh impression that its not supposed to configurable.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2007
  4. si_ed

si_ed Registered Member

I guess most people haven't bothered with enabling this hidden option because, as Microsoft says,

"Security Alert! Setting these registry keys incorrectly can compromise the security of your application. The values for these registry keys are safe by default. By adjusting these values, you might put users at risk for an elevation of privilege attack. "

5. Rasheed187

Well, in IE6 the local zone was not configured safe by default, that´s why a lot of zero day bugs exploited this zone, but looks like in IE7 they don´t allow you to configure it separately anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.