Identity Safe?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by tomdy2k, Feb 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3x0gR13N

3x0gR13N Registered Member

You can ascertain the differences, simply run some test programs which modify the memory of other programs, keyloggers etc. and see the distinct differences between Sandboxe and safe banking programs. I won't try hard to convince you myself since you seem to have enough knowledge to perform the test for yourself.

2. SweX

SweX Registered Member

But if the developers give away the exact details of how they work and interact with the system, browser etc.. then I can imagine it will be pretty easy for the "bad guys" wich they protect against to go around them.

3. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Hello swex.
    Im not speaking of the details upon how they work etc and of course it is the inalienable right of the vendors to keep that information in terms of business and protocols but i do believe the innocent end users are being somewhat mislead by the advertising and marketing of these products.

As ive stated in other posts they seem to not have any form of insurance or incentive to offer the end users but would rather delve into the sublime world of mass advertising and visually appetizing slogans which have been present in all forms of business strategies since commerce began.
    If they truly believed in their protection strategy and possessed 100% confidence in it then some form of official guarantee would be issued but it appears their belief is in a state of suspension.

4. fax

fax Registered Member

This is another story as no security tool will refund your stolen money. The maximum you can get is the refund of your license key. But going back to the subject of the thread... some of these "gimmicks" are actually valid solutions, that used in combination with standard antivirus tools, will protect you against most of the existing banking trojans and/or 0day financial threats. They are not necessarily based on sandboxing but on, for example, jamming/blocking data grabbing, domain check, intelligent HIPS (e.g. Trusteer Rapport, WSA Identity Shield). ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.