ID Lock

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by DGeorge, Oct 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DGeorge

DGeorge Registered Member

I recently switched from ZAP to another firewall but one feature ZAP had which I did like was the ID Lock where you could enter info like e-mail addy's, credit card numbers etc, and it would alert you if any of the info was trying to be sent across the net and giving you the opportunity to allow/block.

Are there any stand alone progs that do this?

Thanks

2. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Hi DGeorge, see if anything strikes your fancy here.

Good thread on encryption here.

GF

Last edited: Oct 18, 2004
  3. DGeorge

DGeorge Registered Member

Thanks GF,

It looks like those are more about password managers etc. ZAP (and NIS too) have a feature where you can have the program warn you if info (a password, e-mail addy, cc number, whatever) is trying to be sent out from your pc and allow you to allow or block it.

It may be more of a firewall thing but I was hoping maybe there was a stand alone program that did the same.

4. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

I may not know enough about it, but now understand what you need.
    Personally I don't think this would be a commercial item, maybe a tool from the "open source" community.
    You would know better than I as far as "how" to search for this utility, look over at SourceForge.
    If not, take a look at this page from Berkeley. Good info and useful links...

Additionally, I don't suppose you could load personal info onto a file and hide it within something you could actively block?
    Just trying to be creative...

GF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.