ID BLASTER WITH MEDIA PLAYER 10 + UPDATES

Discussion in 'FileChecker & ID-Blaster Forum' started by SPEEDY6128, Apr 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SPEEDY6128

SPEEDY6128 Registered Member

Hi there guys. Does ID-Blaster Plus work for Microsoft Windows Media Player 10 ? Also do you have to revert back to your orignal ID before applying any windows updates apart from the service packs that is. Many thanks in advance guys.

regards kev

2. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

I've always wondered what was up with the current version of WMP, myself.

If you click "Show Incompatible Items" in ID-Blaster Plus and then click on the "Windows Media Player ID" to highlight it and then "More Info", it gives you the information present in the included screenshot.

However, it's a little hard to believe that M$ doesn't track WMP usage using some kind of ID (especially given the fact that the little butterfly flaps its' wings just about every single time you use WMP for anything - I always rather assumed that was all the information about what you just used the player for winging its' way back to M$ <g> ).

There was an issue a good while back where a certain program would neither update nor hold its' current database if ID-Blaster Plus was running. When that was pointed out, the software maker changed something to where that was no longer a problem.

Whether they just quit monitoring (reading) whatever it was that ID-Blaster Plus was changing in the way of one of the ID's being protected before validating their installation and not making the exisiting database disappear - or whether they just found another location on the users' computer to get the same original ID information from, I don't know - but I always wondered about it.

I still run ID-Blaster Plus, but I'm not really convinced anymore that it can't be by-passed due to that situation, since that particular software-maker "forgot" to tell me how they resolved the problem.

Just stray thoughts on my way to somewhere else. Pete

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.