iCore Computer 3-in-1

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by aigle, Aug 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TerryWood

TerryWood Registered Member

Hi

Just downloaded the latest version 20 minutes ago, released late today.

Its awful. I cannot boot into any of the three user accounts. The website is dreadfully slow. Possibly due to the speed of withdrawal from Georgia.

Otherwise not impressed. This is not even alpha software.

Just look at how seamlessly (relatively speaking) other virtualisation software was introduced. Where's the extensive testing before public testing?

Terry

2. icore

icore Registered Member

Hi
    In theory.
    1. All kind of application software should be installable now.
    2. The most of tht system software should be installable now.
    But now we only added support of the most poular services. List of the supported virtual services will be extend. So system software, that requires not supported services, shouldn't be unstallable now.

Please, report us name ot such applications.
    Thanks

As shown by our testing, sometimes there is still a problem with the carry accross all the settings of the applications.
    It you have problems, please report us: support(at)icoresoftware.com.

Thanks.

3. icore

icore Registered Member

It's possible arise because, when you try to log in to the other machines, icore did't find 2Gb for VDD. But iCore must inform you about it... Please see at Event Log Windows and inform us.

Thanks.
    As you know we inform only small part of people about private beta testing.
    We need such way of testing because it's system software.

4. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Sorry so many negative returns seem to be the order of the day from this, but it is beta if that's any consolation (i guess).

Would, like many of you, see this develop into a very stable workable version so let's give them the time and room to disassemble the bugs from it's actual working componants and just maybe stability will begin to elevate enough to a point of satisfaction and expectations.

EASTER

Last edited: Aug 20, 2008
  5. icore

icore Registered Member

Easter, thanks for understanding.

6. rendez2k

rendez2k Registered Member

Well I installed it on a VM and had no installation issues. Then I installed it on a full machine and had no problems again. Its slow when you first create a new VM and go into it but after that its fine.

To be honest though I've noticed little improvement over the last version. The apps I reported in the last beta which loose their registration details in the VM are still doing so and I installed Sunbelt VIPRE AV trial as a test (which failed to start its service in the last beta) and thats still not working! I'm beginning to wonder if I've got the latest version!

It desperately needs the ability to be able to copy my real machine perfectly to a VM with everything working or the ability to set a new clean machine up.

But I agree with EASTER - you have to start somewhere with a product and I'm happy to test and feed back issues. I'm sure one day it will be a great but for now we just have to help. I have issues with software I've paid good money for which are well out of beta that have worse issues than some of these!

Edit: VIPRE worked better when it was installed on the main machine also (but I want to be able to isolate it in the VM!)

Last edited: Aug 20, 2008
  7. icore

icore Registered Member

Thanks for feedback.

8. Juha L

Juha L Registered Member

Seems iCore released a new version couple of days ago.
    Anybody tested it?

9. wilbertnl

wilbertnl Registered Member

Installed current release today, I notice three additional accounts, but I don't seem to be able to login to them.

10. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK Administrator

Quick Details

Kernel Version: 2.3.2.205
    Date Published: 29 November, 2008
    Language: English
    Download Size: 4,71 MB
    BUGFIX: Invalid IRQL on MPPAE machine

ADDED FEATURE:
    -Isolation from the console session 0, the Session 0 is only used for iCore Host.
    -The separate reboots of Virtual Desktops through logoff, processing of the delayed file operations.
    -Virtualization of known system dlls
    -Simplify GUI installer.

NOTE
    This version is realized with the waiting of initializing service RpcSs (so Logon process takes 30-50 seconds).
    Sometimes there is reboot waiting.

http://icoresoftware.com/download.php

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.