Icon not showing up now

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Torch4Life, Jul 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Torch4Life

Torch4Life Registered Member

After the last update 7-30-08 virus database ver.3310, I no longer have the icon in the taskbar. I have done an uninstall and a reinstall to no avail. It was fine before the update. I get the splash screen just fine, and ESET is running fine, but no icon.

2. Torch4Life

Well it just did an update to 3311, and now the taskbar icon is back in business lol

3. Togg

Togg Registered Member

EAV's icon occasionally goes AWOL as well (as did version 2.7). No obvious cause/reason and it always reappears, eventually!

The splash screen always appears and updates happen as usual, so I've decided to relax and live with it.

4. Torch4Life

Hehe, yepper it's AWOL again haha, but I'm not worried I know it is all running just fine....:cool:

5. Thai

Thai Registered Member

I had the same experience.
    I solved it by delaying ESET at startup.
    You can find such programs available - I got one for free.
    The one I use is Startup Delayer.
    Regards.

6. hsiegelman

hsiegelman Registered Member

I tried Startup Delay and ESS was not listed as a startup program despite the fact that egui.exe is listed as a current process in my Task Manager. I run ESS on Vista Home Premium (64 bit). It's weird that the icon goes AWOL and I am running 3.0.669.0 definition ver. 3314.

Also, on my context menu when I right mouse on a file the ESS icon is followed by "Scan with %ProductName%". My prior install of NOD32 (I upgraded) did the same thing. Everything works fine, just some cryptic description.

7. rwt325

rwt325 Registered Member

Happened to me on and off. Not affecting safety of your installation as some of you mentioned - it is still running. I also use a delayed startup using Win Patrol, but I allow ESS to start first, and delay other programs. I have ESS start before my internet connection opens, which is the way I like it.

8. Torch4Life

I think there should be an option of whether or not it shows up in the system tray, I know with Catalyst, if it doesn't show up, I will open it up and uncheck it, then click ok (it closes it) then open it back up and check it, and bang there it is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.